Search results

1. J

Mc Blu-Ray in Sept!!

Completely irrelevant. The MX150 was supposed to ship in April, then in June, now in September. The MR88 was supposed to ship in April for $4500, but ended up shipping (in volume) just last month, for $4k. The AP1000 was supposed to ship... aww, forget it. The point is, McIntosh ain't exactly...
  2. J

Mc Blu-Ray in Sept!!

Technology was leading away from LPs, CDs, DVDs, and virtually every other format before they came to market; that's the nature of the beast. Saying BluRay won't succeed (when it clearly is) because someday there will be something better (and for most of America that 'someday' is a lot farther...
  3. J

Mc Blu-Ray in Sept!!

Here is what Ron-C said about a similar rumor a few weeks ago: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235701&highlight=blu-ray#12 These McBluRay rumors are dime-a-dozen. I wouldn't put too much stock in any of them, until you see something on the McIntosh website or on your...
  4. J

MVP888: blu-ray on the way

I say 'supposed' because until it shows up in a McIntosh reseller's showroom, that's all it is. There've been countless posts, threads, speculation, rumors, assurances, etc. on what a McBluRay player would be, and to date none has come to fruition. Even McIntosh reps are not as reliable as they...
  5. J

MVP888: blu-ray on the way

I don't know what's more absurd... the supposed model number or the supposed price.
  6. J

MDA1000 and BLU-RAY?

According to the product listings on Amazon, the Blu-Ray version of this set is as follows: ...9 of these discs hold a total of 128 tracks (12 hidden), all presented in ultra high resolution 24-bit/192 Khz stereo PCM state-of-the-art master quality sound, and featuring nearly 60 previously...
  7. J

Any plans for HD Mac receiver?

Do a search! There's lots of info to be found about it... front & back photos, specs, etc. It was previewed a few months ago at CES I think and was supposed to be released soon, but, alas... may be delayed.
  8. J

Any plans for HD Mac receiver?

Sounds like you want the MX150... you may be waiting a while for it, though...
  9. J

Music servers: MS300 & 750 vs Sonos, etc?

Given my experience with the same issue, I'm not sure this is going to work for you. I suppose it would depend on how fast your wireless router is... 802.11n? You might be okay, provided 1) your iMac is also 802.11n and 2) you have 802.11b/g compatibility disabled in your router (this slows...
  10. J

I went through a very similar process with my setup. Initially all my music was AAC, and it streamed just fine from my Mac G5 to my Airport (802.11n wireless router) to my Sonos. The only hardwiring was from the Airport to one Sonos box. As soon as I started ripping my music in Apple Lossless, I...
  11. J

Wall of Sound

Saw this linked over at AVS.... http://www.hometoys.com/ezine/09.04/hinton/index.htm
  12. J

Sonos does make a product for this purpose, called the ZoneBridge. It does not have an amp or function as a zone, but basically connects (via ethernet) to whatever drive or computer holds your music library. It's more compact than their ZonePlayers, since its purpose is limited...
  13. J

The trick with Sonos networks is that you need to have at least one Sonos box hard-wired to your whatever computer or harddrive contains your music library. If everything is wireless, you are prone to get dropouts, esp. if your files are lossless. I initially had my Sonos box hardwired only to...
  14. J

Mcintosh MS750 vs. mac Mini for music SERVER

I do something similar, though I use an AppleTV as a bridge between my Mac Pro and my McIntosh. I like this setup immensely, as I can stream lots of content from my computer (or the web) to my HT setup... photos, YouTube, music videos, tv shows, movies, etc., and of course music. I would...
  15. J

MVP871 or dedicated CD & BD/DVD

I'd like to think McIntosh's BluRay player is less than a year away. I'm guessing it's more like 3-6 months, and unless you're dying for a Mc disc player now, that's not an unreasonable amount of time to wait for it. Recently announced (or is it rumored?) special offers on the MVP871 would...
  16. J

"Universal" remotes with Mc

I recently upgraded from a Harmony One remote to a pair of URC MX-6000's, one for the living room (Zone A) and another for the bedroom (Zone B). They work wonderfully... much snappier and more responsive than the Harmony, thanks largely to the RF signal (rather than the Harmony's IR relay)...
  17. J

Anything special or worrisome about owning unit #1?

#1 concern with owning serial number 001: Masterlu may come hunt you down to claim it for his own...
  18. J

Blu-ray rumors?

There is a 10-disc BluRay Audio rarities set coming from Neil Young... it's been delayed more times than I can count, dating back to the early nineties (though back then it was a 10-CD set). But if you're a fan, should be interesting if/when it is ever released...
  19. J

Blu-ray rumors?

Does this really need to happen again? There are other forums for debating the merits or viability of any particular format. Your opinion on this subject has been registered in numerous threads; please don't hijack another with with an off-topic tangent on the relative strengths and weaknesses...
  20. J

New MX 150...Will it used advanced video scaling?

Yes, that was my understanding as well. But as of 3-4 weeks ago my dealer told me the AP1000 had been cancelled, leaving the VP1000 something of an orphan. (Dealer did say an "AP1100" was possible in 2010, but I'm not holding my breath). I don't find it all that odd that the MX136 does not...
  21. J

New MX 150...Will it used advanced video scaling?

The VP1000 will also scale and output simultaneously to monitors in two zones, via separate HDMI outs. This contributed greatly to why I bought mine... in fact my second zone will be installed and set up tomorrow!
  22. J

New Offer from McIntosh

Here we go again...
  23. J

mx150

Perhaps they're hedging their bets for fear the MX150 goes the way of the AP1000...
  24. J

mx150

My dealer said June, but that seems later than what others have said on this board.
Back
Top Bottom