Search results

1. spiralmind

Polk ES60 vs Infinity

Apologies, a little more specific information would have been a good idea. The Kappas were unsold until yesterday around noon. The shop is an hour away and I had been wracking my brains trying to decide whether to drive there and listen to them. It is way past the time when every place was...
  2. spiralmind

Polk ES60 vs Infinity

LOL, they sold them. Never mind. Thanks for the info.
  3. spiralmind

What "World Music" are you listening to right now...and more.

French jazz fusion from the late seventies, featuring Mino Cinelu ( who later played with Sting).
  4. spiralmind

Did Your Taste in Music Evolve?

Yes, I used to listen to lot of pop growing up but got into alternative around 1988, jazz anc classic rock around 1992 and progressive rock around 1998. Still love jazz and prog but pop? Meh.
  5. spiralmind

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Wait, we have Spring in Michigan?
  6. spiralmind

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Psych space rock from 1999. Out of San Francisco.
  7. spiralmind

Polk ES60 vs Infinity

Here we go again- Hi, guys. I have owned a pair of Polk ES60's for a while, now. Great speakers, very bass worthy, great soundstage, etc. The same seller that sold me the Polks has a pair of Infinity Kappa 5s for sale for $50 less than he charged me for the Polks. He would let me trade the...
  8. spiralmind

Polk "Signature Elite" ES60 tower speakers

Good heavens, yes. The woofers (along with the power bass port) add some much needed oomph to the lower end, unless you are dealing with very poor source material. I bought mine for $500 at a used shop because some guy had tried to repair the veneer and messed it up. They will really bring your...
  9. spiralmind

Smaller speaker suggestions, please

No ports visible. How is the bass response on those?
  10. spiralmind

Funny thing is that they are NEVER turned up past a certain volume.
  11. spiralmind

Thahnks for the suggestion but I can still get the full credit back on these at the shop that sold them to me. Just want to know what to look for when going back into the shop.
  12. spiralmind

It's a very small room, about 12x12. I'd be driving them with a Yamaha as701.
  13. spiralmind

The Polks came from a used shop, the owner will probably give me the exact value back in trade. Do you have any recommendations for used speakers? The value of the Polks was $500. I have stands, already.
  14. spiralmind

Moderate, mostly jazz and the like. Want to avoid listening fatigue.
  15. spiralmind

About two months ago I went into a used audio shop to possibly replace my Klipsch 3.5s. They were great speakers (yes, I still have them) but lacked a bit of low end fullness. Had my eye on a pair of Klipsch 5.5s but the guy talked me into a used pair of Polk ES50s for a very good price. They...
  16. spiralmind

Never thought that a dedicated power supply would make so much difference....

Thanks! That clears it up loads!
  17. spiralmind

Never thought that a dedicated power supply would make so much difference....

I bought a Denon DA300USB some months back for $100, unfortunately it did not come with a power adapter. The upgrade bug still strikes at time and my recent thoughts were not on speakers or amplifiers but on whether having a dedicated power supply would improve the sound (what they sold me at...
  18. spiralmind

Klipsch KG 3.5s and Klipsch Heresy

Thank you, Crites was the name I was searching for. It should not be too hard to replace the tweeters.....should it?
  19. spiralmind

Just going to stick with these for now. They're great and make me smile. Truth be told, I'm just tried, er tiered, uh TIRED of shelling out money on speakers.
  20. spiralmind

Already done, there's just something special about these to me. Some other folks talked about replacing the factory tweeters with titanium tweeters and also replacing the crossovers....they say it really improves the sound.
  21. spiralmind

Well, I've tried Yamaha, Polk, JBL, Sony, Infinity, B&W, Vintage Jamo, Modern Klipsch, DefTech and Emotiva Audio. Simply put, these just make me SMILE.
  22. spiralmind

Yeah, hobby fatigue is starting to set in at this point, methinks, at least on speakers. The greatest pleasure for me since buying these speakers is going through my CD library just hearing how everything sounds through the KG 3.5s. There's also my entry-level Marantz integrated in the closet...
  23. spiralmind

Fair points. I should just pay attention to the earlier post by Bill S. These speakers sound better than anything previous to me and 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' looks to be a good cliche to stick with, especially if more money is just going to cause more issues (or more debate). It should...
Back
Top Bottom