Search results

1. johnNL

Show Me Your Sansui!

My big iron beasts!
  2. johnNL

Sansui AU-819

The 819 is a double mono amplifier, the two transformers are just in the same housing. You can check the scematics for this. The 919 is dual mono as well, this one even has an additional transformer for the pre-amp. It’s from the same era als the 717, so build quality is the same for them. It’s...
  3. johnNL

Wonky pre/power amp switches, AU-819 & AU-717

I have a 919 that had this problem. As I only ever use it as an integrated amp I've had the connection soldered over. As far as I know that's really the only way to stop this switch from acting up -I'v read A LOT of comments from people having the problem you have-. although it's obviously a...
  4. johnNL

Sansui 9900/11000 Recap

nice amp, nice pictures, and nice work!
  5. johnNL

Sansui Studio vs Professional series

I found out yesterday the CA/BA combo's from this era are the 'definition series'. leaving just the integrated amplifiers and their tuners in the 'prefessional series'. Also it seems these series are built to power 4 ohm speakers, where the studio series is often labeled as 8 ohm or more...
  6. johnNL

New to me: Sansui Au 70 - where to mod and improve?

makes total sense Hyperion, thanks!
  7. johnNL

thanks for clearing that up for me/us! I take it 'better' being the use of print board to make things more easy to maintain? Or are there other benefits as well?
  8. johnNL

Sansui Studio vs Professional series

Dear AK Strictly Sansui members. I have been wondering for some time now, how the Sansui studio series and professional series are to be viewed in comparison to each other. For those who don't know what I am talking about; the 'studio line' amplifiers and associated tuners, tape decks...
  9. johnNL

Half Breed X-1

It's really crazy to me how someone can just 'tear' apart one of these units and basically slap part from another one in! I know it's more complicated than that, but guys like Willy just make this look like nothing special. Shows they really know what they're doing! One can only hope to one day...
  10. johnNL

Sansui SE-8 Cleaning

Hi Bassblaster, It's been a while since I've had mine open, but from what I remember those sliders seem to be a 'line' version of a potentiometer, if that makes any sense. I blasted mine with contact spray and moved them up and down a few times and then let them dry. Worked fine for me!
  11. johnNL

That's really beautiful! I always wondered why those old tube amp look like that on the bottom, with all the loose cables and stuff. Is it just an era thing? Were there no electronics board back then?
  12. johnNL

AU-919 Parts List

But the parts list can be handy to order parts in advance right? You’d expect most of the capacitor values to be correct. Of course you should keep checking what you’re doint and making sure you’re swapping the same values
  13. johnNL

AU-919 Parts List

Hello, the Sansui au-919 service manual includes a parts-list. You can download this service manual from the hifi engine. Or is this not what you mean?
Back
Top Bottom