Search results

1. Newbie-audio

CR 600

Thanks avionic Just someone that appreciates the older things. Hehe
  2. Newbie-audio

New here

Thanks Larry and I'm with ya I don't mind waiting hell I've already waited 25 years what's a couple more. I definitely want a top notch job. I contacted Pacific Stereo in august of 2015 for full restoration job. And it looks like I'm still 5-6 months away from shipping it away. However since...
  3. Newbie-audio

Hello fron North Carolina

Columbus Green Ceek area
  4. Newbie-audio

Thanks everyone. Yes the plan is to get her back into shape not something I'm willing to tackle. Just found a Yamaha CR 600 brought it home cleaned up the insides deox switches and pots and she sounds pretty good. Might make a good present for one of the kids
  5. Newbie-audio

CR 600

Found this thrift find yesterday for $25 didn't even know if it powered on brought it home. Removed the cabnit and found it was rather clean so still blew it out and sprayed some deox into the switches and pots. Waited some time and boom she fires right up! Hooked up a speaker tested out the...
  6. Newbie-audio

New here

Thanks for the advice on speakers. I've been looking at many but I still don't have my receiver fixed in order to listen to any to see which ones I might like. My aunt has told me I can have my uncles old stuff some records, 8 tracks, altec lansing speakers ect... Just don't know what it all is...
  7. Newbie-audio

New here

Unfortunately she's kinda in rough shape. A little back ground I got this when I was about 14-15 yrs old it didn't work but even then I knew I had something. And my parents would move around a lot so at one point it was dropped on side messing up the wood cabnit some. At around 19-20 I took it...
  8. Newbie-audio

New here

And no I'm definitely not going to be repairing this at home. Definitely will let an experienced person tackle that. Small stuff modding speakers or something less valuable I would consider doing myself.
  9. Newbie-audio

New here

My bad was just trying to say I'm new to the audiophile world. And to let other members know what I'm working with.
  10. Newbie-audio

New here

Hello as y'all can guess I'm new here and to the audiophile world. I've owned a non working SX-1980 for years and I am looking forward to getting this beast all fixed up. Didn't really know what I had. I hope to expand my knowledge here and hopefully my gear. Which will happen in the near future...
  11. Newbie-audio

Hello my name is Jimmy and some what new to this. I've had this old pioneer since I was about 14 years old lugged it around every time I moved as a kid. At about 16 my then stepfather who was an electric repairman looked at my old pioneer took the power supply board appart and told me it was a...
Back
Top Bottom