Search results

1. BJJB Jr.

45 Year Rebuild of my Heathkit AA-1800 AMP and AP-1800 PRE-AMP

Both of these amps are hand me down family built circa 1979 / 80. I'm guessing a pretty early build based on the 0009 serial number. This AA-1800 amp actually scares me, with its 500+ horsepower, and no real protections, they can be prone to blowing out a whole channel if powered on before...
  2. BJJB Jr.

Miller Kreisel Satellite 2B Old vs New Inside Info

Just thought I would post these for the MK fans out there. I plan to replace the 5 caps in one set to do a comparo. Serial numbers are separated by 1787 numbers. My guess is 2 to 4 years. The early model has MK branded caps, the later used KSC. Both have the same values of caps and...
  3. BJJB Jr.

HeathKit Amplifier AA-1800

Inherited this original owner set of HeathKit electronics. Includes a AA-1800, AP-1800, AD-1706, AD-1703, and AD-1701. Initially during testing, had sound thru both channels, but I think the right channel pot may have caused the 5A fuses to blow on the bottom right rear circuit board. After...
  4. BJJB Jr.

RSL Rogersound Labs CG-62 Crossover Rebuild

I wanted to share some notes from my CG-62 crossover rebuild while still fresh. This is the second pair I have re-done, and i keep learning new tricks. Most of the 52,62 and 82 models came out of the factory with screwed up 2 way crossovers. They suck for vocals because basically it is a...
  5. BJJB Jr.

EMI Model 921 Speaker Re-Cap

Hey all, am getting ready to dive in to my EMI 921 speakers. Both are original in great shape, but chances are the caps affect sound, so what the heck. Probably going to use the Dayton 5% once ordered. There seems to be some confusion out there regarding crossover parts and schematic, so I...
  6. BJJB Jr.

Vintage 1968 AR-4x - Just a few notes.

Thought I would share a few notes on these speakers. Hand me down pair I received, in very nice to excellent condition. Did not sound that great, so I did the usual net checks and decided to open em up. Here are a few noted to help others. Grilles were near perfect, but they are a linen mesh...
  7. BJJB Jr.

Vintage Scott A1610 - Schematic Help Needed

Howdy all, looking for some advice on a Scott A1610 Had this receiver since the 80's, and she started to have some phantom pops. Opened her up and found when I pushed around on the bottom circuit board I had a loose something. I re-soldered the area, and got the pops to go away, but then...
  8. BJJB Jr.

Roberts 1630 Amp Looking for Help

Hello all, I have the amp section of a Roberts 1630 and am looking for some info on the function. I would like to use the rear phono input and rear output speakers, though I can't seem to make this happen. The rear pre-amp outputs will work, and so do the headphones, both with no tone control...
  9. BJJB Jr.

JBL L110 Crossover Help

I have a pair of the L110 with the Alnico woofers, and the N110 crosses. Had them a long time, and got to the point where they just did not sound good to me anymore, very harsh. I opened them and pulled the C/O. These are 100% original, except the refoam by Orange County Speakers 10 years...
  10. BJJB Jr.

Vintage 1974 Dimension Speakers D&D - Help Needed / Comments

Vintage Dimension Speakers. Sorry, this post has been deleted.
  11. BJJB Jr.

Rogersound Labs RSL SpeedScreen Discussion

New to my possession a pair of vintage RSL SpeedScreen Speakers. Tall at 48", wide at 18", thin at 6". Three way, 1" SD tweeter for highs, 1 1/4" SD for mids, 8" woofer with 12" passive radiator. Woofer is said to cross over at a low 900hz. Thought I would open them up to document the build...
  12. BJJB Jr.

Miller & Kreisel Satellite 1B Build Pictures FWIW

Just thought I would post a few pics of my MK S1B. I had to open them up to adjust the top alignment and to refinish, so here are some pics of their quality. For a small speaker they are built like tanks. 11/16" laminated wood all around, sides, back, front. Danish speakers. Vifa tweeters...
  13. BJJB Jr.

Thorens TD 160 with B&O MMC20EN Cartridge?

Hello all, I recently picked up a very nice Thorens TD160 TT with an Ortofon OM10 in the original tonearm. Was wondering with all the upgrade talk whether to upgrade to a curved SME or similar tone arm in order to use my B&O straight adapter and my MMC20EN cartridges. Just a thought as I have...
  14. BJJB Jr.

Leak Mini Sandwich Speakers - Comments?

Just took under my wing a pair of these. Super heavy, and an interesting build. First impressions are they sound really nice. The tonal quality is nice. The bass is not super low by itself, though an added small sub brings out more life. They look to be in excellent condition, though not...
  15. BJJB Jr.

Help - Need a replacement tweeter - PSB Image C60

So just realized the tweeter in my PSB Image C60 center channel speaker has very low volume. Swapped it out with my T65 tweeter, and all was well. So the C60 tweeter is BAD. PSB Tweeter # TW1-3 ANC Anybody have knowledge or advice for a replacement, OEM or parts express? Not sure as to...
  16. BJJB Jr.

B&W CM-2 Speakers Rock Hard Surrounds

Just got a pair of 2001 hand me down Bowers & Wilkins CM-2 bookshelf speakers. They are in pristine condition. Then I hooked them up to give em a listen. Horrible. No bass at all, very tinny sound. After a few minutes of ugly, I took off the grill to reveal beautiful ivory surrounds and...
Back
Top Bottom