Search results

1. Blast

Let's See Your Modest Tube System

My Mag 8802 with dust cover. No. I don't run it with the dust cover on.
  2. Blast

Pioneer. Ctf1250 cassette deck

I bought one new back in the day. Even bought the rack ears for it. I ran it hard until 1987 when it got to where it just wouldn't playback "exactly" like the originals that were recorded. It was ok... CD players were out and abundant by then and I was recording on VHS Hi-Fi by that time...
  3. Blast

Any Kyocera owners out there?

I've got a DA-310cx that I bought in an estate sale for $7 back in 2008. In 2016, when this photo was taken, it intermittently wouldn't read a disc's TOC. I replaced the spindle motor. Another $7. It's needed a new belt from time to time, I've also recapped it and it just continues to push on!
  4. Blast

Show us your first turntable. Mine is a Dual 1010S

I was always going to get a Dual but it just hasn't happened yet. 1960: This was my first. My mother says this 1959 Silvertone and I were inseparable.
  5. Blast

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

I knew those were Stiffel just as soon as I glanced at your photo and before I EVER read your text. I worked for a Stiffel dealer in Kansas City back in the very early 80's. We probably sold that model. Many times over. We practically sold out of every Stiffel in stock on every Saturday morning...
  6. Blast

confused new member

Welcome to the club!
  7. Blast

Koss Porta Pros with Yaxi pads

I believe I have gone through a couple of those packs since 1988. I'm going to order some Yaxis soon and see what I think about them.
  8. Blast

Koss Porta Pros with Yaxi pads

In about 1988 I was in the market for new headphones so I went down to Best Buy where they had a nice demo setup with a player and about a dozen, or two, different brands and styles of headphones ready to try on and listen to. I decided to start with the cheapest $7 pair and work my way up to...
  9. Blast

How many Turntables do you have active at the same time?

Pioneer PL-55X with a Shure M95D and an Elac 10H with Pickering/Stanton 380 here. (And Audiokarma Indignia speakers, of course.)
  10. Blast

HH Scott 299 Parts Source

That is one beautiful first edition!
  11. Blast

Variable Loudness Control

No, it's not an EQ. While possibly not the best analogy I look at it a bit like biasing a transistor for a particular curve. The Denon "Variable Loudness" control sounds a lot like what Realistic calls "Perfect Loudness" ("PL") circuit. The Realistic SA-2000 integrated amplifier has a PL...
  12. Blast

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

I listen to both my Realistic MC-1000 rework pairs (S/N's 77/78 and 97/98) weekly. Listeners out there with 10-50w/ch RMS amplifiers and with smaller rooms (< 12' x 17') would be CrAZy :crazy: not to have a pair!
  13. Blast

Realistic QA-622 4 Channel Amplifier Spotted On Pup-Peroni Commercial

I almost bought one of these amplifiers back in '75 or '76. But, as it turned out, I would wind up steering clear of quad completely.
  14. Blast

I lost my HiFi virginity at a young age. How old were you?

1971: I had a friend that parted out that same GE changer from a Wildcat, attached it to a good stereo and it sounded significantly better than a ceramic cartridge he was using in whatever other changer he had at the time! He wound up making a walnut wood plinth for that changer in 7th grade...
  15. Blast

Advice dealing with tempo-challenge band mates

I've been a guitarist in and out of rock cover bands since I was a teenager. I won't begin to portray myself as anything more than just an average guitarist. Lately, and for many years, I was in yet another average 4-piece rock cover band with a drummer that would start fast and then by the end...
  16. Blast

R.I.P. Laz. (Splatter Pak) Need help with his inventory

I met and talked to your dad at least a couple of times at local electronics events. A very likeable guy. My deepest sympathies and condolences for your loss.
  17. Blast

Realistic Optimus 5B

That's been my experience, as well. I should have my head examined for getting rid of my 5B's in the first place!
  18. Blast

Realistic Optimus 5B

The Realistic Optimus 5B's that I owned in the past have had 12" woofers.
  19. Blast

Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

:bye:
  20. Blast

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

It sounded small. 5w/ch (1.6w/ch RMS, by my measurements) wasn't enough for MY bedroom. But, it was mine! Because I worked for it! And I truly enjoyed it... for about a year until I graduated to the SA-175B. And, I still enjoy listening to it today.
  21. Blast

May 1970. Age 14. I SO wanted that STA-120! However, when I could finally afford my first stereo on lawn cutting money my budget would actually be...
  22. Blast

WAIT! That's where I thought my MC-1000's were going to go (or, worse) until I learned about the Audiokarma "Indignia" project: First page of the Indignia thread: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160535 BmWr75’s converted the first pair of MC-1000's. See his thread...
  23. Blast

The Realistic SA-900 with the top down:
  24. Blast

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the gang!
  25. Blast

I have one, as well. Nice little 140ma supply. I put new caps in mine a few years ago, removed the neon lamp and installed an LED.
Back
Top Bottom