Search results

1. Westlind

Separate Volume Control for Second Speakers - Any Experience?

Hi - due to the odd acoustics of my listening room, I have a second pair of bookshelf speakers mounted up high to fill out the space with more mid- and high-end. I run my mains through the "A" outputs, and the bookshelf speakers through the "B" output. Thing is, I would like to reduce the...
  2. Westlind

B&O Beovox M100-2 Recap Advice

Hi guys! I scored a nice pair of Beovox M-100-2's this week. Overall good shape, but they'll need some work (such as a midrange refoam, no biggie). I tore into them to take a look at the crossovers, which are pretty impressive. They have these big, huge and dessicated capacitors, and I...
  3. Westlind

Beovox M100-2: Refoaming options?

Hi Gang, I'm looking at a pair of Beovox M100s on CL. They are a bit of a drive away so I haven't looked at them yet, but the current owner says that the mids need to be refoamed, but the woofers don't have foam surrounds. Is that true (that the mids are the only ones that have foam...
  4. Westlind

What replacement RCA cables to y'all use on your tables?

Hi gang - a quick and probably silly question for you all: when replacing RCA cables on a turntable, what do you use? I just replaced the RCA cables on a Thorens 145 MkII. The old one had a short, so I soldered in replacements using stock that I had laying around - don't know the brand, but...
  5. Westlind

Thorens TD-145 MKII plinth resto question

Hi Gang! I just became the proud owner of a Thorens TD-145 MKII - a fine turntable, but a previous owner thought it would be a good idea to engrave his DL# into the plinth (and on the side, not the back Ugh!) This is the one with the brushed aluminum plinth (at least, I think that is what is...
  6. Westlind

Thorens TD 145 MKII - what's it worth?

Hi - came across a TD 145 MKII with a new AT 440 MLB cart. Asking price is $500. Looks like good condition, but owner etched his DL# into the aluminum plinth. The cart, if new, retails for $200 on Amazon. $500 strikes me as a bit high, but I'd like to know others' thoughts. Thanks! Dennis
  7. Westlind

To Veneer or Not to Veneer - Impact on Value?

Hi Gang - hoping to hear some general opinions on whether to veneer turntable plinths with real wood. I have a Pioneer PL-12D and am very likely to pick up a very nice PL-570. I really like Pioneer turntables, but really don't like the vinyl veneer Pioneer used, even on their higher end stuff...
  8. Westlind

Tinman is the absolute best!

Tinman was an absolute joy to work with from start to finish. Amazing packaging of my holy grail Receiver (Tandberg TR-2075), which arrived safe and sound. Can't be happier or more grateful.
  9. Westlind

Tandberg TR 2045 Rejuvenation Project Completed!

I spent the last several weeks rejuvenating this Tandberg TR 2045. When I got it, it had been sitting for years and had accumulated quite a bit of dust and crud. I literally pulled hay out of the tuner dial, and the knobs produced plenty of static but only intermittent (desired) sound. The...
  10. Westlind

KLH Model Thirty System - Any info?

Hi! I recently scored this rather rustic looking KLH Model Thirty system - it came with a pair of absolutely pristine Sansui SP-50 Speakers for the combined price of $50, and I couldn't pass them up. Speakers are great, but the KLH looks like it was stored in a barn. Haven't torn into it yet...
  11. Westlind

Tandberg TR 2045 Phono Stage Noise

Having been bitten by the Tandberg bug (by a TR 2030 I picked up a couple months ago), I recently acquired a neglected but mostly whole TR 2045. When I got it it was covered in dust and grime and produced only crackle, but several hours of tedious cleaning and Deoxing resulted in great FM...
  12. Westlind

Sansui SP 3500 Rehabilitation Update

Three weeks ago I picked up a pair of pretty distressed Sansui SP 3500s - the cabinets were pretty scratched up and the finish was gone, both midrange horns were nonfunctional, a midrange cone was blown, and two horn tweeters were dead. Oh, and it smelled like it spent the last 40 years in a...
  13. Westlind

Replacement Horn tweeters for Sansui SP-3500?

Hi gang - I picked up a pair of Sansui SP-3500s over the weekend. The big horn tweeters (Sansui S-106s) are shot and don't work. I'm not finding a ton of them on eBay right now, and was wondering if any of the other Sansui horns would work - a Sansui T-149 is also 12 ohm, 40 watt and appears to...
  14. Westlind

Pioneer CS-88 Questions

Hi! A pair of CS-88's have shown up on my local Craigslist. I've been looking for some higher-quality vintage speakers, and love the look of these. They appear to be in pretty good shape, but I have a few questions for the group - any thoughts are appreciated. Asking price is $125 for the...
  15. Westlind

Tandberg TR 2030 Teardown update

Took apart the 2030, cleaned it up, it looks great! The big power capacitors are Siemens – those are the good ones right? Everything seems to be in good working order. I have Deoxed all of the connections, pots, switches, jacks, and everything else where there's an electrical connection that's...
  16. Westlind

Greetings from a new user - Rehabbing a Tandberg 2030

Hi - I'm new to AK as of today. I picked up a Tandberg 2030 this weekend, and ran into this site when searching for tips on where to find adaptor cables for the DIN inputs (problem solved, thank you Ebay). It's in great shape and good working order, but given its age I view it as a bit of a...
Back
Top Bottom