Search results

1. John Peplau

Dynaco ST-120 solid state amplifier

Thanks for all your help guys. I put that unit aside while finishing a total refurbished unit. I have done the exact same thing using all the same vendor semiconductors as the one that had me flabbergasted so I took a break and placed it aside for now. I’m going to print the 10 page material and...
  2. John Peplau

I’ve always replaced all the large capacitors with the update my dynaco kits from Dan. C9,11,12 and C7’s. I no longer buy what used to be advertised as new transistors off E-bay for the right and left boards. They look new and test good with a Peak Meter but won’t operate in the circuit so I buy...
  3. John Peplau

Does anybody have the voltage checkpoints of the 120 power supply ? I have one that has all new replacement parts that I have put in twice due to the fact that I continue to have 79 volts on the 72 volt rail. All parts tested and are ok. Go figure....
  4. John Peplau

Dynaco Stereo 120 Resistor Smoke

I had the same problem. Every semiconductor tested ok on my peak meter so I started with the resistors. I found at least 6-8 out of the 5% limit so I replaced every resistor on the boards. They were were both getting extremely hot still and no output on the same channel. Changed all the new...
  5. John Peplau

Restoring a 1972 Sansui 310

Well, as of today I realized that the unit is a Sansui 210. Anyway, all the transistors were replaced along with, diodes and electrolytics, on the tuner board . Voltages week in front of the meter. Next will be to change all the caps on the power board. If nothing, then get the signal generator...
  6. John Peplau

Help needed with Sansui 310 FM section

Before I go any further, I'm going to change the large caps and a few others I see in the pathway. After that, The scope and signal generator Taking a break for now. Will dig into it more tomorrow and leave a message. I have 35 years of this under my belt and I should have listened to what my...
  7. John Peplau

Never mind it’s a small 210 ! Yah ! Transistors came from NTE. Stations came in the same and when everything is done I’ll align both tuners. I took out D203 & D204 as they in the signal path anyway. However, there is 12v at the base of TR 204. The collector is 2.8v off the center tap of T 206...
  8. John Peplau

I have a Sansui 310 to fool around with and the meter has no deviation at all. Replaced all the Tuner Board Transistors, Caps,checked all the diodes and get no current to the variable resistor or meter. Meter is not damaged, as 50 mv current used and up to 1 1/2v. I know this thing is not worth...
  9. John Peplau

I have 0.0 volts at VR 201 & 202. 11.8 volts at leg of T203 for TR204 and 11.8 volts at junction of R228 & R231. TR204 Baseahas 11.6 volts. Everywhere else is 1.6 to 0.0 volts in that area. Checked ESR of some electrolytics in circuit but they were OK. I'm drowning here !
  10. John Peplau

Sansui 210 Receiver

The signal strength meter does not work on AM or FM. VR201 & VR202 are reading 0.0 volts when strong local stations are tuned in.T203 leg reads 11.7 volts for TR204, while R231 Starts at 11.8 volts where it meets R205 from T204. The Caps check ok for ESR in circuit. I'm ready to pack it back up...
  11. John Peplau

Sorry, wrong schematic ! Too many circuit copy’s on my bench.
  12. John Peplau

I just cleaned the function control switch so it’s not that. Funny thing about the am and fm pots for the meter. Neither swipers are connected. It’s just like having a resistor in circuit !
  13. John Peplau

I have a 210 with a non-working signal strength meter. It does deflect when I tested it so it’s good. Doesn’t work for am or fm. I can’t find the service manual. Hi Fi Engine only has the small manual with what appears to be a two page schematic copy cut in half. Anyone ever had this problem ?
Back
Top Bottom