Search results

1. J

Restoring SX-3800 - From Power supply , moving to Amp section

If anyone is still watching this thread ---- Thanks again to MTF for ALL the help and especially recently. So here's the NEW thing ---- I got back into this unit to repair some other issues. Got to playing around with output transistors. Long story short - while waiting for parts delivery I...
  2. J

Hey Markthefixer - great to hear from you again! "what leads you to this conclusion?" The case is cracked and the readout goes blank every once in awhile until I tap on the trimmer case just right. it seems to function when adjusting. maybe some cleaver super glue and redress the solder joints?
  3. J

Hey folks looking for some info on the trimmer capacitor on the Indicator assembly. On schematics it is TC-1. All I can find on the component is AKM-010. I can't find anything searching on computer. It is broken and I need to replace. any is
  4. J

Workbench photos

I like it! looks like four Oscilliscopes -- or are they something else? I can almost make out a Kiethly. I have a 2015 and love it.
  5. J

Workbench photos

Not quite sure what you are refering to about Adjustment vs calibration. I guess that is why I used the term adjustment. I by no means would say I calibrate any equipment but I do go through the service manual and checl and "adjust" if necessary the various parameters. Especially if...
  6. J

Workbench photos

Thought I would pile on. I only have a small space here in Germany. would like to spread out the bench space when I get back to the states. Just about everything here is 'bay buys and repaired or adjusted to working condition. Except the R&S Oscope got it direct from factory in Germany. The...
  7. J

2265B Reno - The other one

SO I want to talk about the sound-- I have a redone Pioneer SX-3800 and Yamaha CR2040 -- they sound very good, defined, powerful, clear. They were the basis for comparision with this receiver (2265b) -- at first I thought it was the "Marantz sound" but with just a recap it was soft around the...
  8. J

So This started as a minor repair (output transistors), re- cap, and replace diferential pair transistor but ... I wouldn't say I was unhappy with the sound I just thought it coulds and should perform better. So here is the transistor listings , I used -- please note I matched every transistor...
  9. J

and back: The case I bought separately from a company here in Germany.
  10. J

And the money shots -- finnished - for now
  11. J

and after (still a couple remaing , see blue marks)
  12. J

I'm just going to show the tuner board before and after (just re-capped but thay are a PITA- becuase so many and differing caps).
  13. J

pre/tone board cleaned up: This board is also different from a regular 2265. It has some double transisors -- hard to see the larger cases in the photo. The have five pins and there is both a NPN and PNP styles. I matched KSC1845's for the NPN and KSA 992 for the PNP's. I match each set...
  14. J

Pre/tone board (before)--- Yukkk -- cardboard below is so I can test during replacements without shorting or putting fully back together.
  15. J

New output transistors replaced and mounted (the original problem)
  16. J

back of amp: heatsink romoved -- just a note those little white tab looking things on top are double diodes, very fragile and made of unobtainium --- all caution handling the amp in this configuration. If you are like me-- I change a part or two and test, change a part or two and test...
  17. J

Amp recapped: A pause from the pics for a minute. I don't have pics of all transistors replaced. However that effort is what made this receiver MAGIC! originally I did replce the driver transistors and it was a bit of improvement (as you can read earlier in this thread). Later I...
  18. J

More before (half amp)
  19. J

Amp board: before
  20. J

another look at accessing power supply the hard way.
  21. J

Pics with amp and filter capps removed (you can see how power supply is mounted. Amp comes out easy (two minutes) -- this gives best acces to pwer supply (of course I didn't do it this way, I wrestled with wires and such.
  22. J

different angle: grunge also
  23. J

Power supply section is in a different place than regular 2265: Also some general grunge
  24. J

Can somebody help decipher this date code?
  25. J

Now After
Back
Top Bottom