Search results

1. L

Akai gxc730d fwd play/rew play different volumes

Here: Obviously the pinch rollers have seen better days... I thought about replacing them, but they seems not that easy to find and also challenging to take apart. Everything else looks pretty good to me, i cleaned the head with 99% isopropyl alcohol. I only tried to adjust the output level...
  2. L

Ok, sorry for my possible over reaction. Lets forget my story and just stick to your words: What's the trouble i could cause adjusting the azimuth screws? I didn't think there was any worth mentioning, other then the possibility of failing to nail the optimal setting, without the proper...
  3. L

Really, i don't know how and why someone should just trow this kind of (non)answer to my question, having no clue about what's going on. I got my deck off Kijiji for $20 completely inoperative, downloaded the manual, ordered belts online, figured out myself how to replace them (not that easy...
  4. L

I'm a newbe, but i know that turning a screw clockwise and then counter-clockwise brings you back to the start point. Other thoughts?
  5. L

As for title, i got this great deck and replaced belts, lubed and clean everything. The deck is an autoreverse one (plays/records fwd and rew) and it has two head regulating screw for each direction (4 screws total): one for the head height and the other for the azimuth adjustment. I've...
  6. L

Cassette tape end of run

Very fine pieces of mechanical engeneering these decks, and sounds surprisingly great too!! I hope to get to know them better in the future! Thanks for your answers!!
  7. L

Cassette tape end of run

Ok thanks, this answer my question. I was assuming that the autostop was a "new" feature at the time because in my deck it's pointed out right on the faceplate (plastic door cover) "total shut off", like it's a special feature that not all other decks have... unless total shut off and autostop...
  8. L

Cassette tape end of run

Thanks, that make sense, for sure i'll replace the belts. I was just curious because not all the decks have the autostop mechanism... how come they don't get damaged?
  9. L

Cassette tape end of run

No, it doesn't. My question is: is it bad using the deck without a working autostop?
  10. L

Cassette tape end of run

Marantz 5220, belts driven. I know it's missing the autostop belt. But i'm curious about the general rule of thumb too.
  11. L

Cassette tape end of run

Hi everyone, i'm a newbe in the cassette decks world, this might be a silly question... I've got a vintage tape deck, everything works but the autostop mechanism. When the cassette gets at the end of the tape, is there any problem if there's a delay pressing the stop button? I always try to be...
  12. L

Pioneer sx3600 question

I'd like to wrap up this thread, in case it may help someone else in the future. I finally got the time to take a look at the service manual: This solved the problem. The manual says to cut the wires if you have less than 10mV. Thanks everyone for your help!!
  13. L

Marantz 5220 motor

Are you insinuating i don't have a degree in electronic??:D:D Anyway, i figured out that it must have been a filter of some kind. Very skeptical about the capacitor failure, i went ahead with a voltometer checking where the tension was dropping and i finally solved the case: the red connection...
  14. L

Marantz 5220 motor

Thanks for your answer. I doesn't look that the one at page 16 is the circuit board of my picture though, there's no variable resistor to adjust in it. There are only 3 elements there: the positive pass through what i thought it's diode, but it's not, it's like a little cilinder with copper...
  15. L

Marantz 5220 motor

Hi everyone, i got a nice 5220 as a trade, in non working condition. No play, ff, rew, nothing. The motor was dead. I fast realized that the problem is in that little board in the attached pic. Does anyone know what's the function of it? The power, before entering the actual motor, pass through...
  16. L

Connecting only one speaker

I googled it but only found people asking if it's ok to wire both terminals to a single speaker (which it's obviously not a good idea, unless it's a "stereo" single speaker).
  17. L

No, that's not an option. Speakers "A" are both connected, I need to connect only one speaker to the Speakers "B" connectors and use "A+B". Sorry, I guess i should have been more specific.
  18. L

Ok thanks, i thought so. It's a solid state amp. I remember reading something about impedance problem (receiver side)... i must remember wrong:), or maybe it was about tube amps then. Thanks!
  19. L

Sorry for my ignorance, but is connecting a single speaker (left or right) to a receiver/amplifier a not advisable thing to do?
  20. L

What I learned on Craigslist

True... But totally worth the hassle of explaining your wife why you stacked something else in your stereo rack.
  21. L

What I learned on Craigslist

Tape deck: everything is working fine, only the "play" function doesn't.
  22. L

Pioneer sx3600 question

Thanks for all the inputs, i'll have a look at it when i have a minute. DC offset is 0.5mV left 3.3 right.
  23. L

Pioneer sx3600 question

I think Petehall is right, caps are recovering from lack of use and it seems getting better and better:)
  24. L

Pioneer sx3600 question

Yes, but we were talking about my sx3600 which someone told me it doesn't have any relay
  25. L

Pioneer sx3600 question

@Bob In a perfect world doing that wouldn'd be a big deal at all, but i'm married... and she uses the stereo too... @KingBubba Sorry, but i don't understand which relays and which switches are you talking about.
Back
Top Bottom