Search results

1. S

Upgrade help, a Lab-500 DD vs Pioneer Pl-l1000a

I concur, and I dig curling. I played for a season at the Curling Club down the road from me. Except I’m a moose on ice, not graceful. Cheers
  2. S

Sounds good, and thanks for sharing your thoughts and introducing me to YMMV. I’m gonna get some mileage out of that one. It seems like and easy decision to go for upgrade and I’m confident I could always break even after a while w/ the Pioneer if the Linear doesn’t stick with me. They seem rare...
  3. S

Thanks for the info, but while I have read that previously and can make sense of most of it. My question is really just what the upgrade would sound, Aka If I was to do an A/B what would that sound like? What makes the table better in layman’s terms and not the skematics above. I’m a simple man...
  4. S

Hello all, I’m considering upgrading my table from a Lab 500 to a Pioneer PL-I1000a. Clearly, I understand the Pioneer name is an easy upgrade. I’ve had the Lab for a few years and love it, despite the crash and pop with the auto return, but she is a solid DD table that places the needle down...
  5. S

New to me large Advents = WOW

Grindfix, I really like the way they look in your set up. I'm digging the balance in the room. How do they sound? Also, I'm curious what is the take on having them cornered? I understand that a turn in is good but are these speakers cool with being cornered, just curious as I'm learning. I...
  6. S

Not sure how I missed it, but tonight I saw the diy speaker stands in an X shape. I love those, but was wondering if anyone has seen ones with a lip that could take a little harder push (sliding puppy or kid). Thanks again and really enjoy reading about these fun speakers.
  7. S

I'm interested in hearing anyones suggestions for DIY speaker stands for these two. As you can see the stands currently are fine with one major issue,...I have a 6 month old lab (not the TT), and 8 and 12 year old sons and feel a more sturdy stand that could cup the speakers in place preventing...
  8. S

Just got a pair fixed up, a friend repaired the woofers as they were cracked and in bad shape. He also rebuilt crossovers, re-fresh and re-stuffed the cabinets. They look and sound wonderful and possibly better than off the showroom floor. The best part is my father pulled them off that...
  9. S

Cambridge Soundworks Tower

Friend that recapped and modified my carver units, was going to do this job on the Towers but was concerned about opening the speakers up and wrecking them to do the crossovers, You'll have to excuse my knowledge here, as I'm a listener not a builder.
  10. S

Thanks for responding so quickly. I figured having these for over 20 years they would benefit sonically from new crossovers. I like the build, look and well for $100, vs. 1-3k for new speakers, I figured this would be an inexpensive way to have new speakers.
  11. S

speakerboyNew Member Messages: 1 New Hello all, just posting to connect with anyone on the CSW Towers, I bought a pair from a outlet store in Portland, Maine where I lived in 1996. I still have them set up in a two chann. set up with Carver M-500t MkII, C-1 w/a Billd mod, MV-5 cd player and a...
  12. S

Klipsch KG4 vs Cambridge Soundworks Tower2

Hello all, just posting to connect with anyone on the CSW Towers, I bought a pair from a outlet store in Portland, Maine where I lived in 1996. I still have them set up in a two chann. set up with Carver M-500t MkII, C-1 w/a Billd mod, MV-5 cd player and a Lab500 TT. I have always loved the...
Back
Top Bottom