Search results

1. ndes01njd

Streaming music collection to my Systems

Try Plex I'm serving all my digital music lossless (1411kbps wav) from an NAS and a local hard drive along with DVDs and pictures streaming from my home to the Plex app on my Roku(s) then dump the audio to my receiver (all / any rooms). Also stream to my phone and or tablet Plex app then...
  2. ndes01njd

narrowing down stylus choice for Rx1500 cart

I'm looking at replacement stylus for a newly acquired Realistic Lab 1600 with an rx1500 Cart. I don't mean to make a big deal over a $25 - $30 part but there are so many choices for this cart and I don't know what would be the best choice for my application. For example LP Gear offers 15...
  3. ndes01njd

Converting Youtube videos to CD?

I use this for ripping audio off of my dvd concerts and vinyl. Works great and if you are patient you can edit for adding artist / song titles along with adding track-able points on the cd so you can skip directly to the beginning of each song rather than having the entire cd read as one giant...
  4. ndes01njd

1958 Magnavox Concert Grand

Lots of good info here; http://vintagehifi.net/index.php
  5. ndes01njd

The lost art of deep listening: Choose an album. Lose the phone. Close your eyes.

Around age 13 I bought the best pair of Realistic headphones that I could afford with my allowance and b-day money mainly due to my Mom constantly complaining of the "loud" music I was always playing. I very fondly remember the music really coming to life at times in the sense that it was like...
  6. ndes01njd

Are there receivers with GOOD media players?

I'm starting to look at home theater receivers again. To give an idea of how outdated I am, the two that I currently have are 10 and 12 years old. I have been getting by fairly well with my rxv663 with the addition of a roku ultra and a samsung smart tv to make up for the lack of tech, but its...
  7. ndes01njd

Pricing advice for my first local record show/sale.

I'v been to a few record shows over the years and also shop on Discogs. Seems as if the local shows are usually priced higher on the "good" stuff and priced lower on the "average" stuff. I'm looking for advice on my pricing so that I can get rid of my inventory yet still get decent prices. I'm...
  8. ndes01njd

Opinions on this transaction

I'd probably send them back on his dime unless he was to refund a fair portion of the purchase price to reflect the repair cost. I once bought a loaded pick guard for my strat that was advertised as "new - open box display". When it arrived it was obvious that it had been installed and it...
  9. ndes01njd

Linda Rondstadt can no longer perform due to Parkinson's

This release is a recent discovery for me and probably my favorite of hers.
  10. ndes01njd

Static electricity.. how bad is it

I'm afraid of damage due to static discharge also! Plus it's painful and annoying. As a tradesman who wore a tool belt I was taught early on to touch the tip of a screwdriver to the ceiling grid, light fixture, door knob, etc, while your finger was 3-4 inches down the shank. It really works...
  11. ndes01njd

Found some RF7’s and other goodies

Sounds like you got my exact system, except I have 2 pair of the RF7s. You got a fantastic deal! I bought mine all new from a local retailer but paid well below the MSRP. I had a couple of the drivers replaced under warranty and had to get the amp in the RSW15 rebuilt but I love this setup.
  12. ndes01njd

Best way to display and store a few thousand CDs?

Menards has these bins for reasonable. I prefer my vinyl displayed "record store" style.
  13. ndes01njd

Fire place mantle with shelf for concert DVDs and CD box sets
  14. ndes01njd

Build custom! This is floor to ceiling and only 4 foot wide so far. Currently has around 850 CDs plus cassettes and 6 disc cartridges with room for well over 1K before I have to ad another section. I occasionally ad a shelf or two when things get crowded. Eventually I'll have to ad another...
  15. ndes01njd

Equipment value

Reverb is a good place to do comparisons. They have a lot more than instruments on there and the history of the listings can usually be found weather the item was sold or not.
  16. ndes01njd

Junk Vinyl sounding (and playing) so good

Thanks. It's my new office companion. I'm very happy with it and looking forward to getting her tuned up soon.
  17. ndes01njd

Junk Vinyl sounding (and playing) so good

Like most of you, I have a fairly large collection of vinyl. The overwhelming majority of my collection grades as G+ to NM. I tend to hang on to the Fair and Poor copies due to my problem with hoarding:dunno:. A couple of months ago I picked up a `59 Maggie Modern Concerto and during the...
  18. ndes01njd

Anyone here familiar withe the Sencore Mighty Mite TC114?

Thank you everyone for all the great information and advice. Now my basic understanding of things has broadened a bit. Only had it for a short time but have already made noticeable improvements on my Maggie, not having to play games guessing and wasting time. Was able to immediately Identify...
  19. ndes01njd

It has 2 seperate adjusters for calibration. From what I understand one I believe is for the needle at rest when off just like an old amprobe tester would have. The second is identified as "CAL" which should be used when on and loaded. I have a copy of the original set up book on a disc...
  20. ndes01njd

Thank you for the info! Not knowing any better I bought the tester thinking it would not only identify weak tubes but also gauge their strength so I could somewhat match pairs and sets for different amps that I have. From what I understand in your response thats not so much the case. So when...
  21. ndes01njd

Hoping someone in here wouldn't mind sharing some knowledge and advise on these questions and issues that I'm having. I posted this in Vintage HiFi with no response yet: Just got an old Sencore Mighty Mite TC114. When setting up for individual tubes listed in the set up book there are...
  22. ndes01njd

Magnavox Collaro f200c adjustments

Cant find much info on these at all.... I have a 1958 or `59 model and have figured most of the adjustments out. The problem I'm having with it is with the auto changer. The tone arm scans for a record, the record drops then the tone arm sets down just shy of the lead in grooves. I'll probably...
  23. ndes01njd

Lets see all them Amplifiers!

I know everyone has "the best amp ever" and have come across "the deal of a lifetime" and for me this is it. Picked for $20, cleaned the chassis, replaced the power cord, washed out the pots, added an output jack to convert it to a guitar amp and repaired an input jack installed by the previous...
  24. ndes01njd

Any Love for the Klipsch over-ear BT?

There doesn't seem to be a model number. There is a link in the OP above and some pics below.
  25. ndes01njd

Any Love for the Klipsch over-ear BT?

Keep in mind that I don't have anything to compare to and haven't had a decent pair of cans since my on ear Realistics that I bought new sometime around 1982, loaned out around 1990 and haven't seen since... I found the Klipsch over ear BT Reference cans to be very comfortable and light weight...
Back
Top Bottom