Search results

1. Output Relay

Solid copper vs stranded copper speaker wire?

I'm sure there are folks out there that know a great deal more than I do in this field, but I can see where solid wire would do the job, in most cases. Solid wire can carry and supply the voltage induced into it with little loss. But it can't carry the amperage over a long distance as...
  2. Output Relay

Bob Crites Titanium Diaphragms in KG4’s , is it worth doing?

Sorry to interrupt but I find myself in need with no place left to turn. I'm looking for a bit of help and Klipsch says they can't be of service. First time they have ever let me down. I find myself in need of a crossover for a Klipsch KLF10. Really, really don't want to have to start a rebuild...
  3. Output Relay

Klipsch KLF 10

Looking for a bit of help out there. I find myself in need of a crossover for a Klipsch KLF10. Really, really don't want to have to start a rebuild on the one I've got. Also looking for advice on the same subject. In my distorted way of thinking if I replace or rebuild one do you think I should...
  4. Output Relay

Anyone want a rack of equalizers...?

I'd buy them in a heart beat, but then I'd have to buy, and set up, eleven new systems to use them with. Damn Gracie we're going to need a bigger house, or maybe eight or nine room additions. Cause I'm kind of sure if you ran a signal through the whole stack not even dogs would hear what comes...
  5. Output Relay

Trade KLF 10’s for KSF 300’s?

Don't mean to change the subject, my question stays with the the KLF-10s. Has anyone ever rebuilt a crossover in the KLF-10s. Is it a pain or is it doable. As to the current question, I don't think I would trade my KLFs for anything in their range. I love what they do when hooked up to a Carver...
  6. Output Relay

Converting non-round hole to round?

Find yourself a piece of scrap material 3/16" or thicker. Something of a size you can clamp over the problem hole. Drill what ever size your finish hole will be in the scrap. Center the just drilled hole over the hole to be enlarged, clamp it in place. Use it as a guide to drill the new enlarged...
  7. Output Relay

Custom Made Speaker Grill Frames

How long should it take and what should I do to break in a new set of speakers? I've been told all sorts of things in the past. Some may or may not have involved sacrificing chickens. Well, having done without food and clothing for some time the Klipsch RF-280FA are on their way, and I'd rather...
  8. Output Relay

How loud do you normally listen to music?

Like most, it depends on what I'm listening to. From the quite passages of Chopin to the heart pounding of Days of the New. IMHO it takes power and performance to reproduce both. My nearest neighbors are a solid quarter mile away across open fields. They have never complained about volume or...
  9. Output Relay

List your Klipsch speakers

I'm running a pair of RF3s setting on top of a pair of KLF30s, with a set of Synergy F1s as rears. The output of the KLFs can't be matched for raw chest compression and the R12SW sub helps out. The RF3s just help out a bit in the mid range. All being powered by Carver preamp and amps. The ADC...
  10. Output Relay

Great "Every Day Carry" knives

I find Forged in Fire one of the best shows of it's type on the "tube". I've grown up with a knife of some sort in my pocket and enjoy getting a view into how they are hand made. Having spent the larger part of my life being left handed, with thirty five plus years of that as a finish carpenter...
  11. Output Relay

Refinishing Cornwalls

Some Birch does not respond constantly with some heavy stains, and can be very problematic to stain if you are trying for a completely different color. The above stated hand rubbed oils would give you the best over all constant color and shading.
  12. Output Relay

What to keep if you can only have two of them?

Carver 1.0t Carver 1.5t On those two you could build any system you wanted.
  13. Output Relay

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Paladin - Charge If it ain't loud enough it ain't Carver Carver 1.0t TFM 35 TFM 15 M400t Klipsch KLF 20 RF3 F1 B-10 R-112 SW
  14. Output Relay

Torn Between Two Covers

I have to go with BS&T on this one. They have been a favorite horn band of mine for years. And having played professionally in what you might loosely call a horn band for over twenty three years I guess I'm kind of biased. While the other sixty three other members of said horn band might agree...
  15. Output Relay

My ( current) system

Carver CT 28v Preamp Klipsch KLF 20 ADC Sound Shaper Two MKII Carver M1.0t Front Kilpsch RF3 Kenwood 4030 Carver TFM 35 Front Klipsch F1 Carver TFM 15 Rear Klipsch RP 440 CM Carver M400t Center 2-Klipsch Sub-12HG Sanyo Plus Q40 TT w/ Stanton 680 EE Gold Sony CPD CX455 400 CD...
  16. Output Relay

Foam surrounds on rubber/plastic surround woofers (KV-4)? SOLVED

If it comes to it, I rebuild some F-1s for a friend a few months ago. Was pleasantly pleased that the 6.5 inch woofers were less than 40.00$ each, new from Klipsch. Called then up, had them three days later. Realize you need 8 inch drivers, still might be worth a phone call.
  17. Output Relay

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

David & David Boomtown " I thought she was a goddess foolish me... "
  18. Output Relay

Refinishing Cornwalls

Just more information to help you along. Klipsch's specks say the speakers are offered with a Black Ash, Cherry, or Walnut wood veneer finish with an MDF core.
  19. Output Relay

Refinishing Cornwalls

Don't mean to start any dispute, but even if it's a seven or nine ply Birch plywood the finish layer is still a veneer. Sand to deep and you get into the base ply which most likely wont be Birch. Even if it is, being plywood, the grain will be running ninety degrees the other way. That's the...
  20. Output Relay

Refinishing Cornwalls

If you sand, electric or by hand, always go with the grain. And remember, its veneer not a chunk of wood. Go easy. At that age using a liquid stripper might loosen the veneer from the base. And yes, mask off or stuff the horns. That fine dust won't be good for them. Just a thought
  21. Output Relay

Mine are living proof that if you feed them good and show them a little love they will pay you back in kind. Bought mine in the mid 90s, hooked them up to a TFM-35 and have never had the first problem or complaint. They get used pretty much every day. Some days harder than others. And they keep...
  22. Output Relay

The Klipsch KLF-20s carry their own and need no help. I've used them since they were new with no complaints. The sound quality, the response, the complete sound field they generate is second to none. I had a chance to add the RF-3s a few years ago, and I'm very glad I did. The two do nothing but...
  23. Output Relay

You kind of got me there. I won't give up the Klipsch, but I'd rather not do without the Carver. I've used both since the 80s. Klipsch has always had the sound I want to hear, while Carver has the power to get them there. I have tried others. Different makers of speakers and amps. Kind of the...
  24. Output Relay

Promedia 2.1 B-10s w/R-10 sub KG-5s in the shop RF-3s sitting on top of KLF-20s for front channel F-1s for the rears 2 R-12 subs All driver by Carver power. I know there are other brands, I'm just not sure why.
  25. Output Relay

infinity 10 inch woofer foam installation issue

My bad, thanks, I will.
Back
Top Bottom