Search results

1. mdrums

Low-budget stereo system

I'm using 2 JBL LSR305 self powered speakers, Schiit pre-amp and phono pre with a Technics 1200 with a Stanton 681eee-s and my MacBook Pro with Dragon Fly. Works wonderful for a small listening space.
  2. mdrums

My ManCave!

Dang!...love it...would love to sit back and turn it up!
  3. mdrums

New Schiit preamps and power amp!

Got my Schiit Saga the Other day...works perfect..also got the Schiit Mani for my turntable...really enjoying it.
  4. mdrums

Do tube preamps put out noise?

Thanks belgianbrain for the response. So many will have an issue but never say if or if not and what the fix was. Thanks much appreciated!
  5. mdrums

Do tube preamps put out noise?

Hi, did you ever figure out the issue with the hiss and hummm in tube mode? I'm considering the Schiit Saga or Freya preamp for my small office system. I don't want issues just want,to,plug up and it work. Thanks!
  6. mdrums

Chinese choices. So many choices...

I'm really considering the Saga pre to run with my JBL powered studio monitors. I'd also be getting the Schiit Mani phono stage too so I can plug up my turntable.
  7. mdrums

Hey from Tampa

Hi Harryconover....what you're saying about the Stanton 681eee-S is totally different from what the guys on the turntable section are saying. The 681 series was more of the audiophile type,of cartridge than the DJ carts that Stanton made or still makes today. I was going to replace or add a...
  8. mdrums

Stanton 681eee stylus replacement

Hey...GOOD NEWS! I got my LP Gear D6800EEE-S stylus replacement today. Installed it checked alignment with the Vinyl Engine print out everything was good. Started listening to Donal Fagen Night Fly and all the sibilance in the hi end was gone. Mid bass was a little fuller too...everything really...
  9. mdrums

Baffeling me on "compliance dynamic lateral" and what it has to do with tone arms. I just have a Technics sl1200mkii which I've learned that people either love it or hate it. I bought it because I'm in the music industry in sales and had access to this turntable back in the late 80's at dealer...
  10. mdrums

I was looking at this exact stylus....so thanks for the vote of confidence...I just ordered it. I'll look into the Audio Technics cartridge too. I had just read so many good reviews of those Ortofon Red and Blue carts...but they don't seem to be well liked here.
  11. mdrums

That's what is was afraid you'd say...lol...well Absolute Sound and Stereophile mags rave about it in reviews I've read for the money. So say I was to get a new cart to try...in the $100-$250ish range....what is a good choice for a ate hnics sl1200mkii ??? I'm still trying to figure out what...
  12. mdrums

What did the red sound like compared to the Stanton?
  13. mdrums

Not using the Stanton cart with the brush. Without the brush it's set at 1.5 grams. The spec paper I have with it says 1.75 is max to 1 gram at min. I tried all those weights and no change in sound
  14. mdrums

Read in Absolute Sound it is a good cartridge for the price. I figured $100 isn't much to spend to get a positive reviewed cartridge for a Technics SL1200 MKII turntable.
  15. mdrums

Ok....looking at the following 7 links....hard to tell what's what and or a good deal... https://www.amazon.com/PM4216DE-822-DEEE-TURNTABLE-Stanton-D6800-EEE/dp/B01JJ73I3A/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485740852&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=stanton+681eee...
  16. mdrums

Hard to know if it's worn out, aged out or what. I'm thinking instead of spending $160 on the best aftermarket stylus replacement...I might buy another head shell and a $100 Ortofon 2m Red and check that out. Thoughts ?
  17. mdrums

Hey from Tampa

Hey!...any good shops around our area? I know the home theater shops but wondering if any good 2ch shops or used gear shops? I've checked,out Audio Visions South in Tampa...nice place...very expensive. Thanks!
  18. mdrums

Hey from Tampa

Anyone in Tampa? Any suggestions on good shops around for gear? I have been into the home theater hobby for a long time...decided the other day to get out my Technics SL1200 MKII with a Stanton 681eee-s cartridge. I bought this cartridge new at 17 years of age back in 1982. I have replaced the...
  19. mdrums

New here....I decided to bring out my Technics SL1200 mkii that has a Stanton 681eee-S on it. I bought the 681eee-S brand new at 17 years of age back in 1982. I replaced the stylus I believe back in 2000 or so with an original stylus. I haven't used it much since then and haven't used the...
Back
Top Bottom