Search results

1. klipschoid

Packard Bell DPA-10 stereo tube amp,schematic wanted

That lil amp is for efficient speakers but its pretty dam potent .I measured a 200hz tone at distortion at 2 watts at 4 ohms on a dvom after i calculated it.But still i dont listen that loud.Wish i had my klipsch cornwalls back .Rather than these polk monitor 60 series ll towers They arent...
  2. klipschoid

t Thanks thatll be the closest ive seen .Itll help if i do any cap or resistor changing
  3. klipschoid

Mine Mine has 6bq5 output tubes not 6aq5 though. Im hoping someone has ghe schematic because the resistors and voltages will be different. I dont know what console it came out of.
  4. klipschoid

Thanks I got a couple 60 watt bulbs and powered it up through the bulb where it only got 60 volts for 30 min then powered it full power .It works fine and outputs sound on both channels.
  5. klipschoid

I want to use something in between the wall outlet and the amp so not to surge it on first plug in. Any ideas? I dont have a variac or any incandescent bulbs. I have a small electric heater ,a room fan ,and a hairdryer lol. i just want to initially soften the plug in surge to let the main caps...
  6. klipschoid

Its great unmolested console amps are still on ebay,i was surprised got it for a cheap price.For inflated tube vintage prices that is.
  7. klipschoid

by looking on google,i think its a dpa 10-3 compared to mine on the pics from fhe seller i bought from.
  8. klipschoid

And does anyone else watch shango066 on youtube? If not ,hes good with tubes,manly tvs,but all tube stuff.
  9. klipschoid

Ok thanks,ill send a pic ,maybe youll know.
  10. klipschoid

Ok that would help,in case i need to fix it.But really its simple to replace a cap or resistor without a schem..But hey itd be nice to have . I'll prob just add a switch,a 1.5A fuse,,a jewel light and binding post is all. Thanks though if you post a schem.
  11. klipschoid

I bought a packard bell dpa10 ,dont have it yet.Im wanting a schematic if anyone has one and could post id appreciate it.I'll post pics when i receive it. Comes with tubes and it may work but ill be checkin it out and powering it on slow .Looks all original with power cord. In the past i had...
  12. klipschoid

wanting SE no neg feedback 6aq5ax2/12ax7x1 schematic stereo amp

As of now i dont know how to change this schematic to triode no negative feedback mode,(might be good as is) . .I havent studied enough.This an rpt-1 packard bell schematic im gonna use.
  13. klipschoid

Thanks for the replies .This is how its starting.Lol .Cigar box by the way.
  14. klipschoid

ive got a transformer and ill have a chassis.I have a schem but its got neg feedback.But id like a simple no negative feedback schematic using 1 12ax7 drive and two 6aq5a for stereo.I dont need much power for low level listening.I have klipsch forte 2. the schem doesnt need to include volume...
  15. klipschoid

packard bell tube amp questions

Ok thanks alot.Its not time yet but i will post back when i have more parts.I just fixed a QSC 1400 ((shorted pnp and a few resistors)) amplifier and i know tubes are different but to me more fun to tinker with.Also more dangerous.I jus take my time.I want to build the amp on a large cigar...
  16. klipschoid

ahh i see ,thanks for knowing that.I could use this as parts but the xformer may not be able to drive another tube amp wise .Whats your opinion on adding a preamp tube and using another chassis?Thanks
  17. klipschoid

Was curious what this amp is.No driver tubes as you can see.Was it driven by a ceramic phono output?.I may use it for the parts to make an amp using a driver tube.Would a 12ax7 work? This amp shows two 6bq5 for outs and one 5u4 rec. Thanks for reply if anyone has info or tips.
  18. klipschoid

Judging my crap: AudioSource Amp 300

Ya i have autoswitchin off.Balance in middle ,rear attentuators to max.Front att at max,no noise at no input to my harman 247.Seems pretty solid of an amp.Its inside layout looks like a qsc rmx pro amp but with less output xsistors and no fan.Wish it jus had two front l&r attentuators but its...
  19. klipschoid

Cant be too judgemental really,both are old.
  20. klipschoid

Yes i dont dont why they didnt place a reserve on it .All i did was bid,expecting to be outbid.I started low at $1 .The amp has a more robust low end than my harman kardon 247 .The hk really has a good amp section though as it is.
  21. klipschoid

Chime in if youve modded one with bigger caps.Id rather get a BGW or QSC or an ART sla2 but cant afford em right now.I run klipsch forte ii
  22. klipschoid

to me it should have two 15,000 at least.Ive seen amps with bigger caps but it had a smaller xformer.Maybe its fine that way.
  23. klipschoid

the caps are 2x 10,000 uf by the way.
Back
Top Bottom