Search results

1. ianmgull

STK-0050 replacement for SX-780 and others

I'm having a little trouble, I was hoping someone could help with. I'm not getting any sound after installing the replacement. Compared pin voltages to my one good darlington pack and there are two pins that are way off: Good (stock stk-0050): Pin 1: -1.2v Pin 2: -41.8v Pin 3...
  2. ianmgull

Thanks for the advice. So just to clarify, q5 (BD139) is fine. That being said, are the following suitable for q1-q4? I'm just trying to make sure I have the proper list this time. NJW0281G (NPN) with a NJW0302G (PNP) NJW3281G (NPN) with a NJW1302G (PNP)
  3. ianmgull

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Can you confirm that the following will work? Q1 NJW1302G Q2 NJW0302G Q3 MJE15032G Q4 NJW3281G Q5 BD139
  4. ianmgull

Yeah that's no problem, I've done double sided this way before. I ordered a NJW0302G as a substitute for Q2. It seemed to have similar specs. Do you know if that is a suitable replacement?
  5. ianmgull

I placed an order with these, I'll let you guys know if I blow up. http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ON-Semiconductor/NJW0302G/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMshyDBzk1%2fWi9NZvtrCxX3LH9AISc2zENc%3d
  6. ianmgull

I did a search for that missing transistor based on datasheet specs. There are a few that seem to be similar...
  7. ianmgull

Mouser, Farnell, digikey, jameco are all out of stock. I assume there is something that could be substituted, but I'm not nearly knowledgable enough on the subject to know what that would be.
  8. ianmgull

Sx-780 recap/restoration questions

I'm in the process of building replacemnt stk-0050 boards. Will update for those interested:
  9. ianmgull

I realized I had access to a PCB milling machine at school and was able to make the boards there. Can't beat free. I noticed on the mouser BOM that Q2 is out of stock for the next several months. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for this...
  10. ianmgull

Thanks. Can you give any tips on the bias procedure? I know the original didn't have this option. I'm just not sure how to set the trimmer. thanks
  11. ianmgull

Yes. A few people mentioned that they placed orders for PCBs. PCBway has a minimum order so I'm trying to split costs.
  12. ianmgull

I removed the darlington I accidentally shorted out, and now it powers up with sound in one channel. I guess I'm in the market for a couple replacements now.
  13. ianmgull

Does anyone sell a kit or at least PCBs for this? I'm interested if so.
  14. ianmgull

Pioneer Sx-780 fuse keeps blowing. Bad Darlington?

I posted this in the pioneer forum, but I guess it might be more appropriate here. I was trying to check the DC offset on the output as described in the service manual. My hand slipped and I shorted two pins of one of the stk-0050s together. Now the four amp fuse keeps blowing whenever I power...
  15. ianmgull

Ok, because I'm a klutz, I've got a new problem! I was trying to check the DC offset on the output as described in the service manual. My hand slipped and I shorted two pins of one of the stk-0050s together. Now the four amp fuse keeps blowing whenever I power up. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.
  16. ianmgull

I'm in the process of addressing a few issues with a 780 I recently bought. Several of the electrolytics were visibly bulging, so I decided to replace all of the electrolytics. I noticed a couple discrepancies between the schematic/pcb layout diagram and my unit. The schematic lists C325 &...
  17. ianmgull

Help assembling tuning thread on sx780

Yes, I realized it's in the service manual. Got it figured out. Thanks.
  18. ianmgull

Help assembling tuning thread on sx780

I'm in the middle of recapping my 780. I told myself to avoid the tuning board and focus on the main board because I know the tuning board is more complicated to deal with. I didn't realize that when I removed the front panel, the tuning thread would come apart. I do t have good pictures to see...
  19. ianmgull

Help a "noob" pick a cartridge?

Thanks for the tips. I ordered the N104E stylus. My turntable has a small crosshair mark on the 45 adaptor to align the stylus tip. Do I still need a protractor? Or will this allow me to setup properly?
  20. ianmgull

Whoops, missed that. I'll try a replacement stylus. Thanks!!
  21. ianmgull

I was wondering if it might be better to just replace the stylus. Can anybody recommend a replacement for the rxp3 cartridge?
  22. ianmgull

Thanks! Also, another super noob question... Does anyone know if the 6100 is standard or P-mount? It has the headshell with two slots for mounting a cartridge, and screws into the tonearm with 4 contacts.
  23. ianmgull

I'd like to stay under $100.
  24. ianmgull

Hello all, Sorry if this question gets asked a lot, but I was looking for some advice. I recently upgraded my setup and think I'm about due for a decent cartridge. I was hoping someone could give me some recommendations. I'm fairly new to vinyl and recently got a marantz 6100. I know it's...
Back
Top Bottom