Search results

1. one19

2 Channel or AV receiver for music listening

Right on. Good comments... keep them coming and thanks!
  2. one19

Thanks for the links, fellas. I'm thinking that for $30, the 325 is worth a shot. I'd be buying from the original owner and she swears it's been stored for years, unused. I suppose that can create its own problems, but again, for the money, it seems like a worthwhile risk. She also has a DCD-920...
  3. one19

The only issue I see with the 325, and probably all older units like this, is the limited number of inputs. I have 3 CD players and I like to use them all. Has anyone ever used an RCA splitter? Is that a poor choice?
  4. one19

Thanks for the knowledge, Peter.
  5. one19

Awesome! How can I go wrong for $30, right? Unless it craps out after a week or two...
  6. one19

Space is definitely a factor for me. I have one little corner of my office devoted to audio gear on a small stand. I'm thinking of replacing the stand with a stacked/shelf unit if I can find one that fits in the available space. I'll wait till I get home to check that link you sent... looks...
  7. one19

I want to set up my office for music listening—no AV concerns. I've been looking online at secondhand older stereo receivers from Denon and Yamaha from the late 80's and early 90's. The reason I'm considering these units is because I think they may be better for someone like me who only wants to...
  8. one19

Marantz CD 6000-OSE

It's great that you've been able to visit Colorado, Manfred. It's one of my life's goals to visit Munich, particularly in October! I'm hoping that in the next couple of years my wife and I can make the trip.
  9. one19

Marantz CD 6000-OSE

Right on... especially if there are AKers who are also Zappa fans. :) BTW, ended up getting the Marantz CD player for $45 when all was said and done, so I'm even happier!
  10. one19

Marantz CD 6000-OSE

Thanks, fellas. Picked it up tonight and it's in great shape, close to mint. Have to wait till the weekend to set it up, though. Weird, Larry... I just now saw that you're in Colorado. Me too. I just picked this CDP up from a guy in Boulder... then drove home to Greeley. Peace. Have good...
  11. one19

Marantz CD 6000-OSE

Great, thanks Larry. I'm on my way out the door to get it right now...
  12. one19

Marantz CD 6000-OSE

Thanks for the comments, Mamrak... I wish I could listen to it but that won't be possible. Besides, how accurate would a listening session be without my receiver and my speakers? I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with this model and if it was regarded poorly or highly, in...
  13. one19

Marantz CD 6000-OSE

Looking at a used Marantz CD 6000-OSE, described as excellent condition, made in 1999. I haven't been able to find a lot of information about this unit online so I thought I'd ask here... anybody have experience with this player? I can get it for $50 with remote and original manual/box. That...
  14. one19

advice and opinions, por favor

OK, sorry for the long delay but I used the past couple weeks to move on a couple things. I picked up a Denon AVR 2802 in great condition for $40. It's got more inputs than I'll ever use but I couldn't resist the quality of Denon plus the 120 watts per channel (X6!) or the killer deal. $40...
  15. one19

What do you guys think of this: https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/ele/5991113884.html
  16. one19

Awesome. I'd never leave the house except to hike/backpack the mountains and hunt/fish.
  17. one19

Right on, likebike23. I'm that way, too.
  18. one19

Alobar, that is a great photo. If you live there, you are a lucky man.
  19. one19

Thanks, Paul. All I can say about my budget is that it's super cheap. LOL! I'd love to get a way with spending under $200 total. I know, you can stop laughing now...
  20. one19

I'm working on it... doing lots of reading and research online. :)
  21. one19

Well, I went and checked out the Yamaha CR-220. It's pristine -- I mean immaculate. Could have just come out of its box for the first time. And it sounds great. But 15 watts isn't going to cut it for me and my office. The seller played several tracks from different sources and it sounds...
  22. one19

I'm in Greeley (Northern) Colorado.
  23. one19

Heck, I don't know which crowd I'm in... not enough power? Too much? Audiophile? Soundstage? Impedance? Ohms? Don't know what any of that is, really. I just love music -- classic rock (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Stones, Tull, Frampton, Grand Funk), guitar rock (Jeff Beck, Eric...
  24. one19

Thanks, dark blue. I'm not sure if I can make that happen with either of these. Guess I'll heed ggregg's advice.
  25. one19

Hah, ggregg... lol.
Back
Top Bottom