3. G

VTL tube integrated

I have coveted one these for years, good score
  4. G

Bookshelf or slim speakers with a little more bass

Ref 3A De Capos have pretty good bass
  5. G

Tube Amp Speaker help please

An alternative to the Heresys is the Quartet. Very nice sensitive speakers. I drive mine with 1.75 watts
  6. G

BIC Beam Box directional antenna

tried for a tuner i have up in the mountains but did very little. Better antenna works best
  7. G

Turntable Suggestions please

VPI HW-19 mk ii, mk iii
  8. G

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

KUVO blues and R&B on a Mac MR-74 while my MR-67 is getting overhauled
  9. G

Adding a Tube Phono Preamp - Advice Needed!

Tube phonos I went through a bunch of tube units before i settled on one. I started with: 1. pro-ject tube box se not bad good but lacked a certain sparkle 2. Bottlehead Seduction this is one sweet sounding unit could be too sweet smooth nice soundstage 3. Wright WPP-200. I loved...
  10. G

New member in Phoenix area.

If you havent been get over to Arizona HiFi at Camelback and central great folks all kinds of gear say hi to glen and bill and listen to the Grommes amp :)
  11. G

Klipsch Chorus or Forte?

I looked at the Forte's and Chorus but due to size of the speakers and WAF I went with the Quartets which i think are undervalued. I had trouble taming the high end and it took some tube rolling to mellow the sound. What really did it was going with a low watt SET amp. Very rich and full...
  12. G

What camera(s) do you own?

Canon P Canon F1, F1n Eos 1n Nikon F Olympus Pen F Fuji gw690 Fuji 645 Hasselblad 500c, 500cm, 501cm Wista 45DX Grundlach Korona 8 x 20 Kodak 2D 8x10 Horseman SW612 Canon 5D, 5D mkii
  13. G

help me decide: vpi vs. project

VPI a nice used HW-19 mk iii or iv i had a project expression I and went with the VPI mkiv and huge difference, better bass cleaner trebles
  14. G

High efficiency musical floorstanders in the $700-900 range

Tekton speakers used or new in your range
  15. G

MR-74 knobs

You can have it after Terry DeWick fixes up my MR-67 :) Thats why i got the 74 to tide me over for 74 days
  16. G

MR-74 knobs

I got a mint cond MR-74 but the knobs are like the MR-78 or MR -75. not silver but silver with a black front. I dont have the SN# handy. are these possibly original and i have a late model or could these be replacements? thanks
  17. G

Trying to find a smaller high efficiency speaker that has a large open sound stage

There not real small but i run Ref 3A de Capos with a 4 wpc Decware mini torii and its plenty loud in a 12x20 room open to the sides.
  18. G

Anyone in Denver interested in a meet?

When is this event? I'm up in Greeley and would love to meet some audio buddies.
  19. G

How many watts do you feed your Klipsches?

4 wpc Decware mini torii on my Quartets waiting for a 6/1.7 pentode/triode wpc Grommes amp to try on them
  20. G

Help: SS or Tube Integrated?

With the Tekton Lores I would consider a Decware product. I have the mini torii and it is an amazing int amp the mini is only 4 watts but drives my 92db De Capos very well. They have a range of amps and they can be found used for about 60% of new. they have a classified site on the website.
  21. G

Wright Repair?

try here try this guy his name gets mentioned repeatedly with Wright Sound repairs and there is a guy who work for George who also does repairs but dont have his name check on the asylum wright repair Roger Hug, after 11am pst His number is 206-789-2385.
  22. G

Looking for Bookshelves budget 1300.00

Reference 3A de Capos Look at teh Ref 3A de Capos 8.25 inch woofer crossoverless 2-way great biwired eff 92db flat
  23. G

CD player in the $300 range

Music Hall cd 25
  24. G

Just curious, VPI HW-19 how to put a value

If it is a real HW-19 (mk I) not a jr with the solid plinth i would offer $300-400 if the tonearm is in good shape and it has a cover. these are easily modified so what the label says may not be what you get.
  25. G

Your first Klipsch speakers?

Quartets in the boxes last year with upgraded xover and ti tweeters run it with a 10wpc EL84 int amp heaven
Back
Top Bottom