Search results

1. Roadrash

Cerwin Vega D-9 Real or Fake?

Unless you're looking to flip those speakers for a profit 185 bucks is a screaming deal. Buy them, refoam the woofers and rattle the windows! Chances are there will be little or no difference in sound. Besides if you're really concerned about originality you can always pick up the right woofers...
  2. Roadrash

Preamp shootout , H K Citation 17 , Sansui C2102 , Kenwood C2 basic

I'm sure they'll be very happy with the C2, and 16a combo!
  3. Roadrash

JBL L36 Decade - One owner, new surrounds - worth $500?

Just FYI I bought a pair of nearly mint L7s last summer for 650, and they are way more speaker than an L36 or L100 will ever be. I've never heard the L5 but those who own them love them. If you can find either the L5 or L7s reasonably priced jump on them while they're still largely unappreciated.
  4. Roadrash

Preamp shootout , H K Citation 17 , Sansui C2102 , Kenwood C2 basic

@Txsaxkat I'm using a C2 with my Citation 16 right now and it's a very nice pairing, I've also used a C1 with it in the past and was very happy with that pairing also. The basic series amps are still largely overlooked, but in my experience they perform way above their pay grade. If I ever ran...
  5. Roadrash

Best RCA and Speaker cables for my vintage pioneer blue line rack

I've tried several different brands of RCAs, and my favorites are Better Cables Silver Serpents. They replaced the Kimber Kable PBJs that were in my system, and I'm using KnuKonceptz Kord 10ga OFC speaker wire in place of the Kimber 8TCs that were in use before. If you want to try name brand...
  6. Roadrash

Tool Time: Electric Impact Wrenches

I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee 12volt brushless stubby impact that will take lug nuts off of a car with no problem, especially if they're torqued to 90 or 95 ftlbs. I usually grab it before my 1/2 inch at work because it's so much lighter, and if it won't break the lugs loose I'll grab air tools...
  7. Roadrash

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Thank you and @elcoholic both! I can't wait for the weather to moderate so I can get them back on the car. It's still just a little too cold in the morning to have summer tires on it, and at 400 bucks a tire I would rather look at the winter setup for a couple of more weeks than trash them by...
  8. Roadrash

The wheels are an Audi OEM accessory item that were sold thru the dealership. They've been out of production for several years, and they were rare to begin with. When I found this set after searching for a year they were one of two NOS sets in North America, and they were at a dealership in Canada.
  9. Roadrash

@Bodhi1 I was ready to pull the trigger on an RS5 exactly like the one you posted, until I talked to a friend who was a sales manager at Penske Audi about it. Reliability is good but anything other than basic maintenance is eyewateringly expensive and prohibitively complex for most DIY scenarios...
  10. Roadrash

Home Made Metregon?

I'm curious but not curious enough to make the drive.
  11. Roadrash

Home Made Metregon?

https://www.facebook.com/share/YCrpz5HaWy2VbXT9/?mibextid=kL3p88 Saw this on local FB Market place. Looks like someone tried to copy a Metregon or maybe built it from plans?
  12. Roadrash

How many amplifiers can you run or "watts RMS" on a single 15A circuit?

I have a pair of 300 watt Kenwood L-09Ms on a single 15 amp circuit and have never had a problem. The most current draw I've seen according to the meter on the power conditioner is 6 amps for the entire system, and that was at a borderline uncomfortable SPL.
  13. Roadrash

Kinda Cool, Fasters Cars Motor Trend has ever tested

Guess what I found in a storage unit. PM incoming.
  14. Roadrash

She's had her M4 for about 4 years now and could sell it for roughly what she paid for it since she bought it before used cars got ridiculous and she got employee pricing from her previous job. She works in the office but she can have the sales manager watch for a car for you. On a side note...
  15. Roadrash

Yessir!:D She keeps eyeballing the Porsches though. I'm seriously considering cancelling the life insurance policy.
  16. Roadrash

My wife works at a Porsche dealership and they sell a fair amount of Taycans, but nothing close to the ICE models. The Cayenne and Panamera are the big movers, at least in this market.
  17. Roadrash

GRRRRR! The downside to used equipment!

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/my-take-on-replacing-the-citation-22-speaker-terminals.801114/ If you can cancel your order for the replacement board maybe this will get you up and running quicker.
  18. Roadrash

Which “inexpensive” speakers were you blown away by?

10-4. I was confused for a minute. On a side note congratulations on your rectilinears. I've been trying to find a pair for awhile locally and haven't had any luck. I've always wanted to see what they sounded like.
  19. Roadrash

Whose panties are bunched up?
  20. Roadrash

Cheap and inexpensive are two different things.
  21. Roadrash

My 600 dollar JBL L7s blow me away every single time I listen to them. They just seem to do everything well.
Back
Top Bottom