Search results

1. Roadrash

Home Made Metregon?

https://www.facebook.com/share/YCrpz5HaWy2VbXT9/?mibextid=kL3p88 Saw this on local FB Market place. Looks like someone tried to copy a Metregon or maybe built it from plans?
  2. Roadrash

Goodbye 2023!

Happy New Year one and all. I'm spending the evening at home partying with my beautiful wife and listening to tunes on the party system. Be safe and have fun!
  3. Roadrash

Out With The Kimbers

After listening to my new to me JBL L7s for a month or so I felt like they could sound better than what I was hearing so I decided to dive into the cable rabbit hole head first. The first thing I did was to pull the too long Kimber 8TC speaker cables, and replace them with shorter runs of...
  4. Roadrash

Sparkolansings and Chinese JBLs

Why are the Sparkomatic Altec Lansing speakers generally derided and dismissed as not being 'real' Altecs, but the Harman international / Samsung owned, Chinese made JBLs are still considered 'real' JBLs?
  5. Roadrash

JBL L7s Followed Me Home Today

I've been watching this pair of L7s on FB Market place for awhile now. They started at 850 dollars and dropped down a couple of times, and when they hit 650 I got real interested in them. I was a little leary about them because of all the comments I've seen about them being so placement...
  6. Roadrash

DLK 1 1/2s For My Daughter

I've been looking for some speakers to set my daughter up a decent system for a while now. I thought I had a deal made on some Advents but the seller flaked out on me. These DLKs showed up on marketplace so I snatched them. They're in pretty decent shape and don't look half bad after some...
  7. Roadrash

Advent 6003 Speakers

I made a deal to get a pair of Advent 6003's today, but I won't pick them up until Tuesday. I'm looking forward to getting them home and listening to them, and see if they're as good as i remember them being when I heard a pair back in the day. I'm either keeping them or passing them along to my...
  8. Roadrash

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy New Year and be safe everyone! Especially if you're going to be going out. For myself I'll be staying in and celebrating with my beautiful wife:beerchug::beatnik:, and using way more than 1 watt with the big Kenwoods tonite!;)
  9. Roadrash

If you love your German car post them up!

My slightly modded 2014 Audi S5 and my beautiful brides 2018 BMW M4. Both of them are brutally fast, handle incredibly well, and are luxurious enough for cross country trips. We couldn't be happier with our choices .
  10. Roadrash

No More Car Hanging Over The Sidewalk

Finally got the driveway widened!
  11. Roadrash

It's an all German driveway now

My wife decided it was time to upgrade from her beloved 370Z, to an M4. It goes with the Audi pretty nicely.
  12. Roadrash

Goodies from Ingolstadt (updated)

After months of searching I was finally able to find a complete set of these ultra rare OEM accessory wheels for my S5. It feels the same as finding the L-09Ms, and the L-07Cll for short money a couple of years ago.:beerchug:
  13. Roadrash

Attention St.Louis area AK members. Big sale!

Alpha Tech electronics is having a moving sale. There is a ton of gear for sale, and I'm sure there will be some great deals. I saw the details on FB Market Place, I did not see anything on CL.
  14. Roadrash

My new to me non audio related toy

I upgraded from my 08 Infiniti G37 coupe last weekend. From this r To this 2014 Audi S5
  15. Roadrash

Panamax M5400-EX issue

I just picked up a Panamax M5400-EX and it will not power up or pass voltage to the unswitched outlets. My DVM is at work so I won't be able to do much in the way of diagnostics until tomorrow evening. I did try a different power cord, outlet, and tried bypassing the circuit breaker, and...
  16. Roadrash

Which input to use?

I'm going to run a 3.5 to rca cable from a tablet headphone jack to my preamp. Which input would work best, the aux or a tape in? Or does it matter? Preamps would primarily be either a Kenwood C2 or L07Cll if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance
  17. Roadrash

Not another LED post.

Are there any good sources for OE type bulbs for my newly aquired Kenwood L-07T? If not I'll just go the ebay led kit route, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance!
  18. Roadrash

My observations on the re-cap everything debate.

Recently I have had my HK Citation 16 and my Kenwood L-09Ms into the shop for service, and when I dropped them off I told them to do anything that was needed to make them reliable for the next 40 years including a full re-cap if that's what was needed. Before I took the HK in I had replaced the...
  19. Roadrash

4313Bs on St.louis CL

No affiliation There is a pair of 4313Bs under vintage electronics section for 325 needing woofers done. If my TV hadn't taken a dump on me and the L-09Ms werent getting refurbished I would have already bought them.
  20. Roadrash

I think I'm finished swapping ICs for awhile

I picked up a couple of pairs of Kimber Kable PBJs recently, and put them in the main system. They made an immediate and very noticeable improvement. I've been playing around with cables for about 6 months or so to see if I could actually hear a difference, and yes I can. There have been some...
  21. Roadrash

Opnly bafld excellent transaction

Like the title says it was a great deal on the gear, it was at my door in two days, and Lin kept me informed every step of the way. Seems like an all around good guy as far as I'm concerned.
  22. Roadrash

How many L-09Ms

Who knows how many L-09Ms were importedinto the US?
  23. Roadrash

How to spot fake Furutech banana plugs

If this post belongs in another forum, please accept my apology, and feel free to move it. Awhile back I bought what I thought were some Furutech FP-202G locking banana plugs off of ebay to connect my Allison Twos to the 10ga ofc I'm using for speaker wire. I had been using Neotech plugs but I...
  24. Roadrash

Bostown is a great seller

Just bought some cables from Jamal. They came very well packaged and look absolutely brand new. I wish everyone was as easy to deal with as him. Thanks Jamal!
  25. Roadrash

Found some great stands for my B&W CDM-1S

Why didn't I think of this before? I looked at the Monoprice Monolith, Pangea, Target, and several other stands for my CDM-1S because I wanted to get them off of the Sanus wooden stands the guy threw in with the speakers when I bought them. Just for grins I googled stands for B&W speakers and...
Back
Top Bottom