Search results

1. T

Yamaha automatic triple play!

Hi everyone, thought I would share some pictures of my three Yamaha fully automatic turntables. P-700 P-751 P-850 All are fully functional. I just need another set of stronger hinges. They are all a nice match for the CR-840.
  2. T

Well, crap! Yamaha P-751 stuck in 45

I just received a yamaha p 751three days ago. It was stuck on 45. Normally I would have focused on the switch, but this thread saved me so much time and effort. I ordered some resistors yesterday and and replaced R15 today and it was fixed! THANK YOU ALL! Tom
  3. T

Low-powered Marantz as pre-amp

The 2250 drives the Fortes very easily. Regarding the use of a vintage receiver as a preamp, I did that several years ago with my SX-3800. I don't recall what I hooked it up to.
  4. T

Marantz 2250 trouble shooting

Yes, I am enjoying the whole setup! Marantz 2250 Marantz 6370q Klipsch Fortes
  5. T

Thank you Paul. I ended up putting it all back together and I do not hear a hum. I hooked it up to my Klipsch Fortes as they are my most efficient speakers and it was dead silent! Thanks to everyone with their advice and encouragement, Tom
  6. T

So I replaced the C401 and C402 with Poly caps, but now I have a grounding hum. I have not replaced anything else.
  7. T

JD & Leestereo, Thank you for your guidance! Tom
  8. T

Update: I purchased the parts to do a full rebuild on the P400 phono board. I replaced the 47uf capacitors for C403/C404. This was my first cap replacement ever! For grins, I hooked up and tested - the stereo output was restored! I am wrestling with myself on finishing the rebuild or staying...
  9. T

Thank you Leestereo!
  10. T

Thank you for the explanation! I was watching Blueglow Electronic's youtube video on this phono board. I think I will do a rebuild. It looks pretty straight forward. If successful, I will have the confidence, to tackle a Pioneer SA-9800 with a bad phono board. Thanks to everyone that shared...
  11. T

I have not had a chance to measure DC, but here are some pics of the phono stage
  12. T

Thank you. I will check tomorrow. What does it indicate when I change to mono and the channel volume comes up to match the other channel?
  13. T

I have a meter that i am ok using and an oscilloscope loaned to me. I have not used it, but willing to give it a try.
  14. T

Hello everyone, i have an issue with my recently purchased 2250 receiver. Everything seems to be i good working order after replacing the power button. The only issue I have is that I have a very weak right channel only using the phono selection. I have used deoxit to clean all the pots and...
  15. T

22XX Wood case

Thanks everyone! Tom
  16. T

22XX Wood case

Thank you Chrisxo55441! That 2285B looks sweet! Which case do you prefer? I have one as well, but it needs some work!
  17. T

22XX Wood case

Thank you for the quick response. Several years ago I purchased a 2245 and it did not have the metal top on it. Recently I purchased a 2250 and it did have the metal wood grained top on it. The guy I bought it from said he purchased it after he got his first tax return! I also said it was an...
  18. T

22XX Wood case

Simple question: Should the marantz receiver be put into the wood case with the original top and bottom metal covers? Thank you, Tom
  19. T

Marantz 6370Q Parts

Howdy Mabrow! When I was at HEB, they had "baby" broccoli with smaller rubber bands and "full size" broccoli with rubber bands like in the video. I went with the baby broccoli and they were just the right size! I am still chuckle about it when I use the cue buttons! :)
  20. T

Marantz 6370Q Parts

I just finished reviving a 6370q. There is a video on YouTube addressing the auto functions. In the video he discusses the rubber and reads off the numbers on the blue "rubber bands". Humorously, a person in the comments identified them as broccoli bands! I decided to go buy some broccoli and...
  21. T

Tonearm wire replacement help

Fully setup for testing!
  22. T

This one was a bit of work. I replace the RCA harness, the tonearm rest the cueing rest and I have a replacement dustcover. I still need a counterweight and a would like a replacement bottom cover. I am using a Technics SL-B3 counterweight right now. Thank you Organ Donor Parts, you are already...
  23. T

Hi grinx76, I am sorry, I thought I responded to your question. I used a hair blow dryer for about a minute. I have the unit back together and it sounds very good.
  24. T

Thank you Nat for recommending heat! 60 seconds and it came apart.
  25. T

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I am trying to replace the wiring because the right channel is out and when I tested continuity, it failed in the tonearm. I Tomorrow I will check for a second screw and try the headshell trick.
Back
Top Bottom