Search results

1. P

Speakers: What do you own?

Currently own Tannoy mg12 Meridian DSP 7200 Bowers 1 active JBL L166 JBL L110 JBL L100 B&W Nautilus 805 Technics a7000 Yamaha NS1000 AR LST2 AR 3a Celestion UL6 Audio Note AN E Signature Olive Audio Note AN E Spe He Poplar Some are under project status others are available for purchase.
  2. P

C 20 early brass bar, face plate, restoration

Hello. I am attempting to restore a tarnished brass volume face plate and frame along with an internal cleaning of plexiglass plates as well. Problem. The brass frame will not allow for removal of the face plates. They fit quite tight within the channel thus not leaving enough play to slide...
  3. P

Acoustic AR LST2 recap schematic or List

Thank you for your reply. I will listen to them for a while for sure but will order the caps. I have heard the results of recaps on 50 year old speakers many many times and is always an improvement in the midrange and high end. What surprises me is that some of the old electrolytic will still...
  4. P

Acoustic AR LST2 recap schematic or List

Hello all I picked up a beautiful pair of these wonderful speakers and want them to be the best they can be. I had the tweeters rebuilt to as new condition, recoiled, and kept the original diaphragms in place. I had the woofers surrounds redone. Now I want to refresh the crossovers. I have done...
  5. P

Meridian enthusiasts please help

Hello I am considering the purchase of a set of Meridian DSP 7200 speakers along with a 808.2 CD player. As I am usually a vintage analog guy this is a little out of my comfort zone. I need to be able to run a turntable and a streamer with this system. I assume I will need a preamp to control...
  6. P

Technics SB-7000a schematic and recap

I haven't completed this set yet but I have since completed a set of 6000a's using Mundorf eCap's. The old caps I took out were mostly in spec which surprised me. But with the new caps installed they became an entirely different speaker. That blanket had been lifted and they sounded great . The...
  7. P

Thorens TD 125 mkii broken spring shaft

So they don't even have to be screwed together. I think I will seperate all 3 and try it that way. I have ordered new springs for it as well. Thanks
  8. P

Very little of the thread remains. Not enough to grab onto the bolt sufficiently.
  9. P

Thank you. I should have been more clear. What is broken is one of the 3 small metal studs that hold the chassis together. There is a tiny nut on each one. One of the nuts snapped off.
  10. P

Mcintosh C20 brass frame

Hello. Can someone please tell me if the brass frame is solid brass or plated? I am considering a C20 to go with my rebuilt MC30's and 225. On the one I am considering the frame is heavily tarnished and will need more than a buff out to bring it back. Any other cosmetic restore tips are...
  11. P

Yup that little shaft that holds the spring is broken. First.. does anyone know how to get it out. The nut is just broken off so I have plenty of meat to turn it but it doesn't seem want to turn and I don't want to torque on it too much. Second. Where do I buy one of these.? Or is it...
  12. P

Mcintosh mc225

I am presently having a set of MC30's restored with new chassis. The replacement chassis are very nice and well made. I didn't really want to go that route with this amp. The chassis plating is actually in very nice condition.
  13. P

Mcintosh mc225

Hello. I just purchased a very nice Mc225 that has been wiped clean of all the chassis decals. I see they sell transformer decals but I haven't found anything for the chassis. Anyone know of a source? Here is my pure vintage setup if your interested : McIntosh mc225 Fisher 202-T with MPX 50...
  14. P

Fisher 202-T with MPX 50 new purchase

Hi All. I just picked a 202-T with MPX 50. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for restoring this beauty. It is in all original condition. There are some dark rings around a couple of the knobs that I would like to remove without degrading the lettering. The chassis and back...
  15. P

McIntosh Wood Cabinet Dimensions

My c20 has a faceplate that measures 14.75 x 4.75, does anyone know what model case fits this wonderful vintage pre amp. I have looked around but no Luck finding the info yet. Thanks
  16. P

MC30 pre amp recommendations

I picked up a c20 that has been restored by Syd Beaumont. I am still waiting for the MC30's to come back from their restoration as well. I will report back soundwise once all us broken in.
  17. P

Klipsch Heresy II

Does anyone know what stuffing usuall comes in a set if Heresy 2's. Thanks
  18. P

Heresy 3 Brace work...

Audio Note are very sucessfull at tuning the cabinet boxes so I disagree that cabinets should never be part of the sound. Can someone please post their findings on stiffening the heresy Box. I opened mine up the other day to find the only thing inside was a foam tube around the woofer. Quite...
  19. P

Luxman sq38u dual voltage?

Hello all. I have just purchased a Euro Luxman sq38u.I havent received it yet. Does anyone know if they are dual voltage capable or is a step up transformer my only option. I know some, like Audio Note, can be changed internally with a simple tech performed adjustment. Thanks
  20. P

CA 2000 volume knob

Thanks so much for doing that. It gives me a few more options now. Cheers Paul
  21. P

CA 2000 volume knob

Hello all. I need a volume knob for my new purchase. Does anyone know if the volume knob on the ca2000 is the same as another model Sansui? or Does anyone know where I can get one outside of the usual means. Or Could I trouble someone to send me the dimensions of the knob. Thanks for any...
  22. P

Sulerscope R - 1280 blowing fuses

Hello. I have a rare Superscope R - 1280 that is blowing fuses. I cant find a schematic for it anywhere. Does anyone know of one or has anyone experienced thus on their Superscope before. Thanks for any help.
  23. P

Empire 598 motor problem

Part # 953-C-101 HSZ 14.50-4-675DeM
  24. P

Empire 598 motor problem

25. P

Empire 598 motor problem

A couple if pics
Back
Top Bottom