Search results

1. FatDonny

STK-0050 replacement for SX-780 and others

Just ordered the kit and parts from Mouser. Hope my brain can process this, looks pretty straight forward. Woot woot.
  2. FatDonny

Thorens TD115 MkII speed linkage question

Did you get it fixed? I have a 145 mkii, getting issues with my RCA cable, right side. Bad reverberation. What was your reason for replacement???
  3. FatDonny

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

I have no regrets getting mine. I think some tube rolling will get mine dialed in to my ear. I have not had any problems with the original build. Still sounds great!
  4. FatDonny

Soundmotor great seller

Hmmm.... I need a set of 12AX7's for my Jolida dac. Getting popcorn disruption from the ones in there now. Not sure these are in my budget, but what are they getting for them and if in my budget how can i procure?
  5. FatDonny

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

How many Beers in are you now Calleo?
  6. FatDonny

Help me enter into modern audio

To keep this super simple. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can run any music app, IE pandora, Spotify, yada yada. Use a 3.5mm headphone jack to a Y Connector adapter 3.5 in to RCA out. Plug int your desired audio input on the back of your set and enjoy. Your devise already has a...
  7. FatDonny

Let's Learn About Waveforms

Cool! Now my ear is ringing. But cool.
  8. FatDonny

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Just got mine today. Tubes are 2 EL34-B 2 6H9C and 1 5U4G. I see good reviews on the 6H9C. Anybody know the difference from the Psvane EL34 and EL34-B?
  9. FatDonny

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Just ordered mine! WOOT! Thank you all for the information. My first tube amp!
  10. FatDonny

New Xz-U202 gold Tube USB DAC

I do believe two of those are just pretty lights. I have an old school setup, and want to go more toward tubes. Running a C-32 pre with mc250 mono to a set of new to me Cornwall-1s. iPad is my mode of delivery. The guy I got the Cornwalls from was using the tube DAC. The Jolida, I really...
  11. FatDonny

Thank you SoNic67! I was looking into that dac chip. It's kinda outdated. I won't make the purchase. Good call on the tubes, defeats the purpose if they are just eye candy. I can buy Christmas lights for bling! Going to go with the Jolida glass dac iii.
  12. FatDonny

Yes...... I can't get my eyes off em! But more interested in anyone who has one. Specs seem ok to me, but I'm not an electrical engineer. Looking to smooth out my iPad.
  13. FatDonny

Does anybody have any input on this DAC?
  14. FatDonny

McIntosh C32 pre amp EQ out? 1 ch would go out

Armed, what are you geared up with? I'm using an iPad to the C32 out to two Mc250 used as monoblocks. Speakers are Klipsch RF 3. Amazing sound. I'm a newb, I can't fathom a better sounding setup. But the water is deep. Thinking about using a DAC after the IPad, not sure if it will assist any.
  15. FatDonny

McIntosh C32 pre amp EQ out? 1 ch would go out

Thank you Mike! I had the same issue with my C32 and I replaced all 4 with the parts from Mouser. Easy fix, just pull the old ones out "cautiously" and press the new ones in. I was using the eq out bypass since I picked the unit up off of CL. Man what a difference in sound! Can't thank you...
  16. FatDonny

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

C32 and 2 MC250 monoblocks.
Back
Top Bottom