Search results

1. cocovinyl176

Marantz 7c Phono cable compliance

Hey All, Any Marantz 7 owners out there experience any compliance issues with particular phono cables? I have a Jelco JAC-502 Din-RCA. The table is a Dr Feickert. This set up works without issue in my modern setup, however when it is set into the Marantz, I get a noisy connection that sounds...
  2. cocovinyl176

Sub recommendation for Mcintosh Pre/Amp JBL L100

Happy holidays, I was looking to incorporate a sub into my system which consists of C500/MC452 with JBL L100 Classic speakers. I was looking at 1x SVS SB4000 as it falls within my budget. I was wondering if MC users out there may have a recommendation or two...I understand, I may be better...
  3. cocovinyl176

What’s the order-Amp or Phono Pre?

Hope everyone is having a happy new yr. just looking to get some thoughts on a separate phono pre and whether it’s worth the investment at this point. I have a bit of cash to burn after selling off some gear so I was thinking of adding a Manley Chinook into the chain. Now, I already have an...
  4. cocovinyl176

Moscode 300 Hybrid Amp

Any owners out there who’ve upgraded or restored their moscode 300 amplifier? Just picked one up and looking to bring it back from the (half) dead. A schematic would be a great start!
  5. cocovinyl176

New Linn LP12 Sondek

Hi All, New owner of a Sondek LP12 turntable. I assume the version I have may be from 80's-early 90's as it is equipped with the Ittok tone arm, but since I am a newbie to Linn products I may be incorrect about info. I was hoping to get some suggestions on Carts/Stylus that would match up with...
  6. cocovinyl176

Tannoy Arden 3828 15'

Hi All, Wondering if anyone out there have or had any experience with Tannoy Arden 3828 series. Pros/Cons? I have an opportunity to grab a set for under 1k Usd, but understand these may not be as desirable as HPD/385 series. I also have a chance to grab a set of Belvedere 12' Golds for around...
  7. cocovinyl176

PrimaLuna Premium HP or Music reference RM-200

Torn between purchasing one of these two amps. I’ve read great things about both. Anyone have any experiences with both or either? Placing aside (which may Be hard to do) the applications you’re running themnwith, what do you guys prefer? Understand the MR is hybrid, the PL runs triode and...
  8. cocovinyl176

McIntosh c20 pre with a modern tube amp

Hi- has anyone had any experience running vintage and modern units together? I’m thinking of purchasing a new tube amp to run with my c20. The 20’has a rebuilt power supply, while the rest remaims original. I have the optIon to pick up some vintage Mc Amps, but like the idea of checking out AR...
  9. cocovinyl176

to re-cap or not to re-cap Mcintosh C20

Hi All, I have a c20 I recently sent to a tech. Prior to bringing it in, I was pretty confident that there were for sure leaks and a recapping was inevitable. After benching it, good News, all of the original bumble bees are in great shape and in tact. As it turns out, I need some new tubes and...
  10. cocovinyl176

McIntosh c20 early or late models?

Hi folks, Does anyone have a preference on what McIntosh c20 model they prefer, early or later...if any? Also, anyone have any tips on how to clean the brass face plate?
  11. cocovinyl176

Dynaco A-150L?

Hi Friends, Anyone know anything about the Dynaco a-150L speakers? I can not find much of anything online. I suspect they may be from the late 70's early 80's, walnut linear cabs, 2 way speaker? I can pick up a set for roughly 50.00 with stands. Any thoughts out there? thanks, and as always...
  12. cocovinyl176

AR3a-Re-coning

Hi Folks, seeking some answers on possibly re-coming Ar's? I purchased a set of AR3a (for a great price) over a year ago and during that time I slowly began losing my tweeter highs due to corrosion of the controls. I am ordering some now and plan on getting them installed. During this process...
  13. cocovinyl176

What tubes are you running with your Dynaco ST70

Hi-Curious what some of you with (stock) ST70's are using for tubes. Are there specific Tubes any of you find deliver best sound quality? Does having the Original transformers without it upgraded somewhat limit options? Look forward your replies.
  14. cocovinyl176

Trade MC250 SS for Dynaco st70 Tubes?

Hello all, I know some of you will be bias in one way or another regarding SS vs Tube, but thought I'd throw this out to the AudioKarma world to gather some thoughts. A trade: Mcintosh MC250 for Dynaco st70 Both units are cosmetically 9/10 with zero rust or pitting Both units are in its...
  15. cocovinyl176

Mcintosh p153 & p155

Happy new yr. I have been trying to find information on the McIntosh pre/amp p153 & p155...but have come up empty. Can any of your shed a bit of information regarding the two? much appreciated.
  16. cocovinyl176

What speakers to get for system

Hey Experts and hobbyists- I was looking for some input on potential speaker purchases. I can scoop up a pair of AR 4x speakers or KLH model six. I am torn between the two; I am not sure which speaker would be best matched with my current system. open to any other suggestions as well. I normally...
Back
Top Bottom