Search results

1. Quick Cal

Is a Dual 1210 desirable. Or how about a Realistic LAB 250

LOL. Ya. I'm going to bed. Thanks for all your help.
  2. Quick Cal

Wow. I just at the specs of all my junk. The Pioneer puts out the least. But does more watts necessarily mean better performance? 1. Pioneer 35w per ch 2. Marantz 40w per ch 3. MCS 45w per ch. What a shocker. Maybe I got the wrong receiver hooked up to begin with,,,lol.
  3. Quick Cal

Out of this pile "O" resisters I have, if the Pioneer was working properly could I assume it would be my best piece?
  4. Quick Cal

Here's the back of the JVC. Will it work?
  5. Quick Cal

Yes. I got the Technics 1410.
  6. Quick Cal

Well I'm going to embarrass myself. But is this considered a pre-amp. Not sure if it works. Can you guys tell I know nothing about electronics. But I can cut you a set of stairs for you house,,,lol.
  7. Quick Cal

A friend of mine who was an electronics tech passed away. His wife found this Pioneer in the trunk of his car when she sold it. So she gave it to me. Who knows how long it's been there. He was a severe hoarder. I've only been running it for a very short time. I've just been listening to...
  8. Quick Cal

Turns out the thumping is in my receiver. Nothing to do with the turntable. I completely disconnect the turntable and it's still there. It's only in the "phono" position. Maybe that's why this Pioneer SX-650 was free.
  9. Quick Cal

It's all over,,,,lol. I ended up getting it for $100. I hope I did all right. It does have a crack in the cover. He said the only thing he ever did to it was change out the rca cable. Now I have to go learn about it. Dave Bruebeck is telling me to take five and clean me,,,,lol. I'm hearing a...
  10. Quick Cal

Yes. I'm on my way to look at it now. So if you guys see a problem speed up fast,,,,,lol
  11. Quick Cal

So you really aren't going to tell me?
  12. Quick Cal

Lol... As long as YOU know,,,lol
  13. Quick Cal

Can you tell by the pics which it is?
  14. Quick Cal

Is there 2 models. A mk1 and a mk2? If so which would be better.
  15. Quick Cal

So I guess you guys all agree that the technics is the best choice out of all that I'm looking at. Does it get into the serious audiophile quality yet. Or not so much yet,,,,,lol
  16. Quick Cal

A couple of quick pics.
  17. Quick Cal

The Technics says made by Panasonic. So it scared me,,,lol. Ignoranice is bliss,,,lol.
  18. Quick Cal

Would the Realistic be considered a entry level tt. It's not in the higher end audiophile quality is it. I wouldn't guess so. But that's why I'm asking,,,lol. I did find a Technics SL-1410. Would it be leaps and bounds better than the Realistic. But the guy wants $125 for it. If it's not a lot...
  19. Quick Cal

As far as the Realistic goes. It's at a flea market. No way to test it. If he won't budge on the price would it be worth his $65 asking price. Would I be better of waiting for a Pioneer. Or would the Realistic be a good enough, nice enough unit? I'm very hard of hearing so I don't consider...
  20. Quick Cal

Just curious how you guys feel about the Dual 1210. This one has the United Audio base. I can get it for $75. Would this be considered a little better quality TT. I'm supposed to go look at it tomorrow. I have a Audio Technica AT-LP60. But it sounds horrible. I also have a Garrads GT-35. It...
  21. Quick Cal

DLK Model 2. Are these worth restoring. Specs please

Thanks for the reply. I made a little progress. I tried a blow dryer and an iron on a towel to get the big white mark off. No luck. But then I washed my hands and dried them on my dish towel. It was fairly wet. So I thought hummm,,,lol. I used the iron over the wet towel. I'm very pleased...
  22. Quick Cal

DLK Model 2. Are these worth restoring. Specs please

After initially walking away from these DLK Model 2's for $45, I decided I didn't want to go home empty handed after a 45 minute drive. So I called the guy back and after some back and forth I got them for $20. I'm not sure they're worth it since they're kinda beat up. No grills, cones are all...
  23. Quick Cal

Please help me find some capacitors,,, speaker diagnosis

I had the black lead over there where it said ohms,,,lol. I switched it to com and got the exact same readings on all the speakers.
  24. Quick Cal

I hope I have the vm hooked up right and doing it right,,,lol. Each speaker has 1 x woofer, 2 x mid, 1 x tweeter. Didn't test the woofer since I know it's working. On the left speaker the tweeter has no readings. One mid has no readings. The other mid has con and .5 ohm. It's supposed to be 6...
  25. Quick Cal

Thanks!! Is this the correct ones? https://www.parts-express.com/10uf-100v-electrolytic-non-polarized-crossover-capacitor--027-320 https://www.parts-express.com/12uf-100v-electrolytic-non-polarized-crossover-capacitor--027-342
Back
Top Bottom