Search results

1. Sp33ls

Might've just acquired a C-1...

@rottalpha already knows, but I recently won an auction for a C-1. It still needs to cross the Pacific safely before I feel comfortable saying "I own a C-1" :P I'm coming from a Pioneer Exclusive C3, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect wrt sonic improvements, but after building a SissySIT...
  2. Sp33ls

Clean these pots?

Hi all, I'd like to squirt a bit of deoxit in these old pots, but was wondering if they're actually completely sealed, and do not require maintenance? These are within a Pioneer Exclusive C3 for phones & phono 2 level, as well as balance control. Appreciate any insights.
  3. Sp33ls

Sigh... Oops: AU-999 short?

So as I was giving my AU-999 as a gift to my brother, I noticed the current bias was set much too low. As I was setting it to the expected 30mA, I accidentally connected the one terminal of the fuse holder to the base of the chassis and a quick spark was sent into the chassis. Looking back, I...
  4. Sp33ls

Pioneer Exclusive M4

So, after restoring (with some slight modifications) a Pioneer M-22, and really loving the sound and quality of the amplifier, I stumbled upon it's "bigger brother" in the Japan-only Exclusive series. I fell in love with the design of the C3 and M4 and pulled the trigger on both. Supposedly...
  5. Sp33ls

Pioneer M22 Rebuild

I haven't really posted much of anything since my Sansui AU-999 rebuild a little while back so -- hi all! :) I just recently acquired a Pioneer M-22 (100V) and re-capped it over the weekend (minus the huge filter caps, need to do those yet). I did end up replacing the input transistors with a...
  6. Sp33ls

Sansui AU-999 DC problems?

Hey all! First of all, thanks for all the assistance. There's so many great resources here on these forums for this little amplifier. I've replaced all the electrolytics, and the usual problem transistors. I've even swapped some of the larger value resistors with new, Vishay metal film. I've...
  7. Sp33ls

AU-999 Restoration and Mods

Continuing from my previous thread, I moved on to beginning the recap and mods. Everyone has been very helpful, even before grabbing the solder. I much appreciate that. I managed to get the main filter caps (went with 6800uF), head amp, tone blocks (with kev's preamp mod) accomplished this...
  8. Sp33ls

A new proud owner of an AU-999 :) Subwoofer question.

Hey all, I decided to pick up an AU-999 for a solid price in order to upgrade my system from my Marantz 2220b that I recapped and serviced myself (it's a sweet sounding little unit, too!). This AU-999 is in great shape. It had one owner (he bought new), only has a few nicks on the edges, and...
Back
Top Bottom