Search results

1. B

Repair shop recommendation-Palm Beach, Florida area

Hello, Can anyone recommend a vintage audio repair shop in the Palm Beach, FL area?-I'm assuming due to the size of the metro area there's more than one. As a backstory, I sold a DBX dynamic range expander to a gentleman on Fleabay, that, 2 months after the sale was concluded, CLAIMS doesn't...
  2. B

Buy a speaker or a house?

That’s a lot of money for anything. I can’t imagine spending that kind of $$$ for speakers. But having said that, what WOULD BE a fair price for these items??-please don’t tell me “whatever the market will bear” or any other such statement”. Looking for a LEGITIMATE dollar figure from those...
  3. B

Sherwood Turntable model SEL 100

Thanks!! I've looked for the thread you referenced and cannot find it-can you provide a hyper-link?? I agree-I keep my eyes open for nice quality, vintage gear at the local flea market and this item stood out-It just screamed "quality". The fact it was in mint condition made it a no-brainer...
  4. B

Sherwood Turntable model SEL 100

Found a Sherwood turntable at the local flea market. Model sel 100. In mint condition. Have a buddy that’s into turntables far more than I am, so I called him from the flea market and purchased it on his behalf. I’m curious to know what it’s worth-this guy is a large collector of the vintage...
  5. B

Old Harman Kardon receiver

Like I said, she’s rough.
  6. DE7F0C84-BF04-4F08-B471-F1AF1FC970CB

DE7F0C84-BF04-4F08-B471-F1AF1FC970CB

7. F2C03398-B250-4FB8-A3E4-A6DA568804B9

F2C03398-B250-4FB8-A3E4-A6DA568804B9

8. DB56401F-470F-491C-A6C6-0156759D974F

DB56401F-470F-491C-A6C6-0156759D974F

9. B

Old Harman Kardon receiver

Found an old Harman Kardon receiver at the local flea market this AM. Model TA 120. Looks a little rough, but I think it might be tube and not solid state. Haven’t turned it on yet. What’s it worth as a parts unit?? I cannot find a comparable model on eBay at the moment. TIA.
  10. B

Panasonic Headphones

Bought a pair of vintage Panasonic headphones at the local flea market this AM. I'm curious as to what they're worth and also as to their age-I'm assuming they precede Panasonic using the "Technics" name in the US, but that's just a guess. Model is EAH-520, FWIW.
  11. B

Electro Voice single speaker ???

Passed on a single EV speaker at the flea market today. Thing was HUGE and guy didn't know anything about it. Regular vendor with whom I've dealt with before. How much would you have gambled?? Had it been smaller and I had enough room in the truck, I might have purchased it. Model FR15-2
  12. B

Need advice on how to proceed...

The crux of the matter for moi' would be, have you already AGREED to sell and deliver to the 1st bloke? If you had, I would not go back on my word, even if I agreed to something that now seems distasteful. If you DID AGREE to sell and deliver for the same, advertised $$$, keep your word. It...
  13. B

Sansui quad headphones

Hi, These are marked front and back, but I'm afraid my receivers are rather pedestrian and have only the one female jack. I take it, these are semi-useless without a high-end unit that has the two female jacks?? It DOES have a serial number, but it looks like I will be getting rid of it if it...
  14. B

Sansui quad headphones

Picked these up at local thrift store. Has TWO male plugs, each off of the left and right side. Are these ONLY useable with some sort of quad amp or receiver??? TIA.
  15. B

Garrard Lab 80 Mark II Value???

Helping an older friend of my mother's move and downsize. She has the turntable above, belonged to her late husband. She has zero use for it, and I told her I'd help her sell some things. Fair price, assuming it works??-she insists it does, but hasn't any records at this point to test on it.
  16. B

Harmon Kardon amp value

What's a fair price for a Harmon kardon PM650?? Seller insists it works perfectly. Good condition cosmetically.
  17. B

JBL Lancer 77s

Only a tiny bit. I love vintage gear, but know ZERO about values, desirability, etc. I really like the JBLs I have currently, so I figured even if these weren't in working order, they were probably worth the $25 (or more). But I have no place to put them, don't have any way to repair the...
  18. B

JBL Lancer 77s

Bought a pair at local flea market, unheard this past Sunday (12th). Seller insisted they worked perfectly. This is a regular vendor, that I've seen, but not dealt with before. The only problem that I saw was that the spring clip that connects the speaker wire on the negative side, was...
  19. B

"High End" in the ads title, does it really work?

All relative. As is everything. I have about $100 invested in my current vintage system ( if that). Onkyo receiver, JBL bookshelf speakers and Denon CD player. No vinyl. I'm MORE than happy with my gear. To me, high end would be any single component that costs more than $1000. I'm sure some...
  20. B

Free high end equipment

Hi, A older gentleman (86) I've been a long time friend with is to the point he's probably going to have to go to some sort of assisted living facility within the next year. He has a number of vintage high end audio pieces that have been sitting, unused, for 15-20 years (he is unable to...
  21. B

Alison Krauss - Windy City - First impression

I'm afraid I'm ALWAYS in the mood for Ms Krauss. She takes my breath away in so many ways.
  22. B

Albums where EVERY song is good

Who's Next by The Who Bostons first album
  23. B

JBL lx22's

Ok. Guy still had them today. Took them home, hooked them up and love them. Spouse isn't impressed with the size difference between the 2050s and these, so don't think I'm going to get to keep them. But they were an improvement over the 2050s. Glad I bought them.
  24. B

Baddest mostly real bad guys in movies & TV.

I enjoyed all of the villains in the Die Hard movies to the hero (Bruce Willis). Hans Gruber played by Alan Rickman was amazing.
  25. B

JBL lx22's

Guy at local flea market today had a set of JBL lx22's in decent shape. Wanted $20 for them. I currently use a set of JBL 2050s that I like very much. How much of an upgrade would the LX22's be to the 2050's?? Substantial or not??? My listening space is such that bookshelf speakers are my...
Back
Top Bottom