Search results

1. Ihazbike

Yamaha M-80 in PROTECTION MODE

I'll take a look at the transistors and resolder anything that looks bad. There was a bunch of the sony glue eating up the nearby components. The attached photo is the final product of the glue clean up. I didn't replace any parts, just attempted to clean up the mess. (Edit) I did replace one...
  2. Ihazbike

Yamaha M-80 in PROTECTION MODE

Hi Avionic I'm currently working on an M80 that's stuck in protection without speakers or any inputs connected and came across this thread. I followed the same instructions as you outlined here for testing he DC voltage from NFR/R to E as well as NFL/L to E. My results came back NFR to E .4...
  3. Ihazbike

Yamaha C-70 Project

Not exactly. After deoxit it worked for a day or two but then the problem came back - so I switched back to my trusty C-50. In the mean time I've recapped the entire C-70, which also didn't fix the issue, so my next task is to replace the two green film caps that tend to go bad. Think those are...
  4. Ihazbike

Yamaha C-70 Project

Okay so right after I posted my last reply, i switched the interconnect back to the normal pre out, and the right channel came back to life. I have no idea what changed but it's working perfectly now! Ha.
  5. Ihazbike

Yamaha C-70 Project

Just tried this, interconnect from tape record out to the M-70, and I get sound. Not very loud, but it is coming from both channels seemingly even.
  6. Ihazbike

Yamaha C-70 Project

Checked it again and with the parametric tone controls off, the right channel is out from all inputs. But when the tone controls are on, the volume of the channels fades in and out - still favoring one side.
  7. Ihazbike

Yamaha C-70 Project

New to audiokarma here, and late to the game with preamp repair, but your post has been incredibly helpful. I am currently in the middle of my own C-70 repair. I've gone through with deoxit several times, replaced the power supply caps, got rid of all the old Sony glue, and lubed the...
Back
Top Bottom