Search results

1. Ndpond

Akai, Teac, Pioneer reel to reel

Excuse my ignorance Mr. Beat but what is a PRat?
  2. Ndpond

Gary, that's a great idea. Thanks for sharing, I will try it out today.
  3. Ndpond

Found a sweet Sony Walkman at the thrift store

Akers....sounds appropriate for me to get involved with a group that refers to itself as ache-ers at my age. Regionals would be a gas! But seriously Dude, over 3000 posts and nearly 3000 likes??? I got me a long way to go. Been nice to yak Atcha. I think I am gonna have some fun here. Hope to...
  4. Ndpond

Hey Maxx!, Thanks for the "like" you put on a message I wrote. I'm new to the site. I'm not insinuating anything here old buddy but that was my first "like" and as so many other "firsts" in my life, I will always hold the first time as something very special. Allowing that, at some future...
  5. Ndpond

Yep, ask them and they will say they do...but they are spoons. Spoons are ok for eating Rice Krispies but really do they taste different with different spoons? I think not, gotta be pretty boring. But if you get a good deal on audio stuff, take it home and you hear snap, crackle, pop well then...
  6. Ndpond

One way to pick up deals is to check locally through flea markets and Goodwill and church thrift shops, estate auctions and so on. No freight and since they generally can't test you can get a reasonable price. It's a good way to pick up tapes also. I recently took a picture of a tape recorder...
  7. Ndpond

Oh, and as far as them not being able to test, it's your first indication that you are about to be fleeced by pricing (because the seller thinks it's so rare) or freight (because they can't convince anyone about rarity) either way when it gets to you it will most likely not be in working order...
  8. Ndpond

I think the main reason is it's easier for some people to say "Akai" than it is to say "Teac"...is it like Teek or Teeack??? Now there is the reel question...
  9. Ndpond

Teac A-4010S Reel to Reel pinch roller question

No doubt a common problem with these units. A friend of mine had one lining his closet floor for many years and just gave it to me ( I love free tape recorders). When I tested it, the capstan roller would not move to the capstan. I pushed it in place and everything else worked fine. I have a...
  10. Ndpond

Diode and resistor help for Tascam 22-4.

Thanks Cademan, After I saw your post last night I was studying the schematic. I see a couple of possibilities to check out. I had been looking at caps mostly and had found most of them ok.
  11. Ndpond

Thank you so much. As I stated before, I was getting confused after reading so many data sheets not really knowing what I was looking for. This helps a lot. Thank you for your kindness in looking up the info I could not seem to upload. Much for me to learn but I am determined to get this right...
  12. Ndpond

I am a 67 year old retired geezer who has just started my life long dream of education in electronics. Specifically what is referred to as "vintage analog electronics" I guess you could say I'm an old analog geezer living in a digital world ( aint that an old Madonna song?). Anyway, Tascam...
Back
Top Bottom