Search results

1. opnly bafld

Good vibes for Hawkeye86 (or 68). I forgot!!

@Hawkeye83
  2. opnly bafld

Reisong Boyuu A10 as a power amplifier?!

Try both
  3. opnly bafld

Amp identification help

https://2024onlineshop.ru/product/256359891061
  4. opnly bafld

Speaker buyer mileage award!

I delivered a large pair of speakers I sold to near Phoenix AZ from West Central Illinois @ 1,500 miles each way.
  5. opnly bafld

Connecting Mains and Subs

Sorry but my mind went blank after I read you are replacing a Scott 299 with a Pioneer. #1 is how I would do it. Maybe this bump will eyes on your thread for some comments.
  6. opnly bafld

Hum from speakers when amp is plugged into a particular outlet.

Use the extension cord to plug everything into that outlet, I bet you won't have any hum.
  7. opnly bafld

Best way to add sub out to DIY pre-amp

No matter how hard I try I don't hear that "extra" distortion* and my eyes ears still prefer speaker wire connection. * there are different types of distortion; some I hear/notice and some I don't
  8. opnly bafld

I see the "problem" clearly now. :rflmao:
  9. opnly bafld

Help w Boston A100 Series II

@700K Were you involved in the design of HD8s and T1030s? I enjoyed them very much when I bought them (new) way back when, now I have a pair of A70s I use occasionally. Thank you for your contributions to the audio world through Boston Acoustics and the companies you worked at before.
  10. opnly bafld

After I get my subwoofers adjusted I never touch them other than to turn them on and off, but I fail to understand what speaker level inputs has to do with that anyhow. :dunno:
  11. opnly bafld

A year or so ago I compared an SEP EL84 ~4 watt amp with a well regarded 200 watt tube/fet amp using BA A70s (90 dB) at a little louder SPLs than normal for me. I used some demo CDs and didn't hear any compromises when the 4 watter was in and actually preferred it overall.
  12. opnly bafld

"wives tale" or not many have tried both ways extensively over the years and some just prefer to use speaker level.
  13. opnly bafld

Diy subwoofer amp, can speaker level inputs be used?

More is needed, but it is not difficult to diy. See your other thread.
  14. opnly bafld

If you have a volume control on the sub amp something like below or you can diy one. I have a Russound and used it with a Vaughn Carina and a Crown XLS 1500 to passive subs, used the level controls on the Crown to match mains with subs...
  15. opnly bafld

If your amplifier is fairly flat to 30hz you should be alright using speaker level inputs unless you listen to pipe organ or electronic music (probably need to rethink your whole system if this is the case). What @sqlsavior said above for the rest. :thumbsup:
  16. opnly bafld

New tube integrateds-why no bass and treble controls?

There is at least a 3rd way, I buy equipment that I like so I can enjoy the sound without tweaking the tone or the room.
  17. opnly bafld

New tube integrateds-why no bass and treble controls?

I don't recall ever seeing an AR LS with tone controls, even the most expensive ones. Not saying there aren't any that have them.
  18. opnly bafld

Why not buy or diy a subwoofer with speaker wire inputs?
  19. opnly bafld

Boston Acoustics T1030’s

:thumbsup: Make sure you get the correct foam. My 3rd pair of speakers replacing (my 2nd pair) Boston Acoustics HD8s.
  20. opnly bafld

La Scala Data for Serious Restorations

@convivialist Might want to have this moved to the Klipsch Korner forum: https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/the-klipsch-korner.131/
  21. opnly bafld

Started a new Point to Point tube amp build - Analog Ethos Legendarium

PT and choke on top - OPTs underneath.
  22. opnly bafld

What does everyone own for tube gear!

https://archives.bottlehead.com/quickie-1-1-battery-powered-directly-heated-tube-preamplifier-kit-specs/index.html
  23. opnly bafld

Klipsch LaScala industrial for Jazz?

RSL Speedwoofer 12 is ported with a rear slot like the newer 10. https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/rsl-speedwoofer-12s-1
  24. opnly bafld

Beginner, first amp build, help me stop procrastinating

Don't worry about your speakers until you try an amp on them or play it safe, sell your tubes, and get a million watt solid state amp.
  25. opnly bafld

Beginner, first amp build, help me stop procrastinating

With speakers of similar sensitivity my minimum tube watts was @20 and I don't listen very loud ie below 90 dBs.
Back
Top Bottom