Search results

1. opnly bafld

Help needed for Magnavox 196-10 rebuild

The only schematic I can find that is close is for the 196-00 and I have been able to find the differences, but mainly looking for advice/suggestions on a few changes to my amplifier. See schematic here...
  2. opnly bafld

Source for Type AA 0.245 mH inductor and 13 mfd cap?

Anyone? Or just use common 0.25? Thanks, Lin
  3. opnly bafld

Ampex 6973 amplifier lowering B+

If the 2 caps in the power supply voltage doubler (black caps in picture) are increased from 100uf to 250uf would it matter, be good, bad, other? Thanks for any input.
  4. opnly bafld

Magnavox 300071-1 power transformer 5V 4A dual 5U4GA questions

Edited after Dswankey's helpful post. I have a 6L6 tube amplifier with a Magnavox 300071-1 PT and it came to me (3rd or 4th owner) with a pair of 5U4GA tubes for the dual rectifiers. In doing some research I found a post on antiqueradios.com that claimed the 5V for this transformer is rated at 4...
  5. opnly bafld

What wood for LSI bottom panel?

A friend has a pair of Industrial La Scalas, many years ago he had a woodworker dress them up with additional wood to give them a nice finished look. I'm doing some work on them and found the woodworker veneered and stained the removable bottom panel and apparently put some glue around the...
  6. opnly bafld

Hum gone with different rectifier type???

I had a 2005 (original version) Decware Taboo EL84/6BQ5 SEP amplifier with a low level power supply hum. All caps and the choke were replaced, but the hum remained, so I assumed it was a ground issue. The rectifiers used were at least 2 different 5Y3s and possibly a 5U4. Sold the amp and the new...
  7. opnly bafld

Space-Tech Laboratory Super Rectifiers

Not much information, but curious as to any possible benefit for some equipment (I have no interest in buying one). Any thoughts? http://www.thebestamp.com/Accessories/Super_Rectifiers.php
  8. opnly bafld

Little Titan Transformer (LTT)

I just noticed them on ebay, anyone hear of these made in Indiana OPTs? There is several different push pull transformers listed.
  9. opnly bafld

PS choke is bad, Solved thanks. Hum in left channel.

I have an amplifier with a bad choke in the power supply and I'm having trouble finding one to fit under the chassis. How can I eliminate it? Thanks for any help.
  10. opnly bafld

Kegger/Blueglow PT-Choke proximity question.

I'm going to build this amp using an old amp chassis (20" x 12" x 2 1/2"), my question is about power transformer and choke placement. How close can they be? I have 2 ways to place the choke, one is very close to the PT and the other is a little further away with the rectifier tube between...
  11. opnly bafld

nolasally: great seller, no worries

Bought a pair of speakers from Josh, they were very well packed and shipped quickly. He provided a number of pictures, it was like I was there in person inspecting them. :thumbsup:
  12. opnly bafld

Don't hesitate to buy, from Hawkeye(83)

Just bought an amplifier from Hawkeye83, it was an easy transaction with very good communication. :bigok:
  13. opnly bafld

Thanks to biscuithead for an easy transaction.

Bought a nice Ampex tube amp from biscuithead; quick and friendly replies in our conversation, shipped promptly. :thumbsup:
  14. opnly bafld

Holt Hill Audio Brian

Brian sold me a nice pair of refoamed Snell KIIs for a great price and packed them well. :thumbsup:
  15. opnly bafld

JBL Studio 590 on sale for $439.95 each Nov 2019

https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/ST...ar_STUDIO 590_color=Black-USA-Support#start=1
  16. opnly bafld

davros is a top notch seller

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Bought a pair of 12" drivers at a more than fair price. They were packed so well I thought I was going to find a tube amp in there also. ;) A pleasure to transact with, thank you! Lin
Back
Top Bottom