Search results

1. kyrie59

AliExpress tube amp boards

Looks good, I'll start on that soon, I need some basics to point me away from so much misinformation out there. Thanks
  2. kyrie59

I'm gonna see what I can find, they sent no instructions of any kind.
  3. kyrie59

The inputs say 6V3, and 180-250. I assume DC current. The tubes I bought are Nesstone EL34 and Electro Harmonix12ax7EH
  4. kyrie59

5. kyrie59

I mean DC output
  6. kyrie59

Several sellers have similar products for sell on AliExpress, of which I've bought 2 preamp and 2 amp boards. Preamps using 6P1 tubes, amps using 12ax7 and el34 tubes. Being new to tubes, I can't figure out how some equipment uses AC, some DC transformers. Any shared knowledge would be very...
  7. kyrie59

What TT's do you folks have

Just recently got back into analog, tried to fix a Realistic 290, but the motor died in the middle of doing mods, so I quit. Months later, found a great deal on a Crosley C6 for $124 delivered, so I got it. Using it in the bedroom, with a Denon PRA1000 that were made with built in subsonic...
  8. kyrie59

What's your poison?

Classic rock, Techno, New Age, Folk, Bluegrass, Christian, Bagpipes, Native American, 50-60s big band, classic Country, Nordic, etc etc.
  9. kyrie59

Back into TT and Records

Those look real good... Sold... Thanks!!
  10. kyrie59

Back into TT and Records

Well, guess it had to happen, even if on the cheap, my mind just wouldn't let go of that wonderful analog sound... So I bought me a really cheap turntable and cartridge; a Crosley C6 and AT95E, $124 and $26 for the two, and am spinning these old records I found at Good Will and a few other...
  11. kyrie59

The best tuner ever

I have the ST-J55, and love it. It isn't as "musical" as my Optonica ST-7405, but sounds great.
  12. kyrie59

OHM Acoustics Speakers Video interviews & more

Good nite folks, had a long day working in the garden, I'm beat. TTYL, kyrie59
  13. kyrie59

Don't remember other OHM speakers, but they had to be nice. I heard the 1's set up with a Luxman integrated amp, no doubt one reason Ill never forget that sound!!
  14. kyrie59

I hear you, I try not to think about the past any more than I do, but I miss those days way too much. I'm kinda an old country-boy/hillbilly, and growing up in the rural south in the good old days was much more important than I guess any of us knew would come to past. At least we can say we got...
  15. kyrie59

You lucky guy you, it seems almost nobody knows about the OHM1... I've been on different vintage sites over the yrs, and only a couple people heard of em. When I was looking at speakers back then, I ended up getting the DQ10's, but the OHM was right in there. Enjoy!!
  16. kyrie59

I took the VHF elements off my old all-in-one giant antenna to make a 119" custom FM for 92mgh to 88mgh. Almost done.
  17. kyrie59

Yes it is, I love that song. I wish there had been more music like that, people with a respect for decent messages. The world sure could use music like Mr. Mister and others with a more positive attitude.
  18. kyrie59

I'm getting old n slow, took me a couple minutes to figure out you're looking at the avatar... I don't have the energy for talking that much. :-( The small antenna is a MCM FM (only) job that works real nice, though a tad weak on the lowest fqs... The large antenna is UHF, pulls in stations...
  19. kyrie59

Only heard the model 1 once, but they made my Top 10 list... Great speaker.
  20. kyrie59

2 sets antenna wire connectors??

Thanks Catmanboo for the input/help!! The short/old antenna is half of the old VHF/FM/UHF antenna I'm recycling. I took the elements from the VHF/FM side and cut to length, to make a 119 inch FM antenna for 92mhz and below... almost finished with that project. In my avatar is the small FM...
  21. kyrie59

How many Watts are your main amps?

My main system uses an active crossover, with a Paramount Pictures (ATI??) 6x40 watt design. Separate subwoofer amp.
  22. kyrie59

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Yes, don't like speakers sitting behind the curtains!!
  23. kyrie59

Do you like horns?

I prefer exposed domes, but some drivers with semi-horns are good... especially if they don't have a rising response.
  24. kyrie59

Do you use the 'loudness' feature on your rcvr/amp?

No, most of my stuff doesn't have loudness, but the few that do, rarely get used. My Denon PRA1000 In the main system doesn't have it.
  25. kyrie59

Sony SS-G7: DIY tweeter grill

I've never heard a speaker with a dome mid I didn't like, except a vintage B&O speaker. Very nice!
Back
Top Bottom