Search results

1. A

Gale GS 401

I have the 401cs. I love them. I don't have a very powerful amp....only an nad 352. But they still sound good. I also have a pair of job le14a e waves and I can't work out which I like better. The highs and the deep bass sounds a bit better on the gales to my ears. I don't have room to run them...
  2. A

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

I ended up using the jackgiff/wiredbecker version.
  3. A

Just finished my le14a e waves. I had jbl l55s with some bad cabs and tweeter. I cut a new baffle and added the selenium horn. Special thanks to zilch and member wiredbecker who helped with questions about the build. I thinjbthey need some oil or something to spruce up the baffle. And I guess I...
  4. A

Cheers thanks, I'll open her up and flip the wires (so red to red). This group is great, so much generosity. :).
  5. A

Built my crossovers yesterday for my le14a ewaves. Tried them out on top of the boxes and they sound pretty decent. Big thanks to wiredbecker for all the advice. One other question re le14a polarity. As per this post a while back. So in the ewave schematic does thusbtake into account the...
  6. A

I think I'll have to go with the seleniims instead of the b&cs. The aussie dollar is so low at the moment. I'll look forward to the PM wiredbecker.
  7. A

Thanks again. Looks like I have more reading/investigating to do :)
  8. A

Great thanks turnitdown, now what compression driver/eve guide would you recommend? This is zonkers pic. Looks like the be250?
  9. A

Morning e-wavers! I have a pair of l55 with the le14a I would like to ewave. I am having a but of trouble working out the parts list. The I cant get all the links working in the earlier part of the thread. Is that where I should be headed?
  10. A

Jbl l55

Thanks for the reply. So that's a no on the dot treatment? I have read varying reports on here. I have reframed a few speakers but maybe I will get a pro to do these ones. How high should i elevate these, or is tilting enough?
  11. A

Jbl l55

Picked up some lancer 55s today. My first JBL. I quite like them. I have some yamaha ns 500s which are nice too but I like these a bit more. I love that beryllium tweeter on the 500s though. I should get them off the ground though? Mine are pretty far apart. I will have to do some rearranging.
  12. A

Share 1 subwoofer between two amps?

I just re read my post and it looks like auto correct made things a bit confusing. Thanks for managing the translation. Good point about the cross over.it might not be ideal for either.
  13. A

Share 1 subwoofer between two amps?

Hey friends, I run 2 sets of speakers in my lounge one with ss and the other tubed. Now they both benefit from the sub. The sub I can run with speaker inputs or low level from my amp pre out. Can I hook the tube up via the hi level speaker ins and my so via the pre outs? Not to run at the same...
  14. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Mj i thought i saw a pic in this thread where you had done it? I tried it and i thought i heard the amp clip. I did read it was ok as the sub has its own amp. I have tried going amp hi level ins then speakers but i felt the sound wasnt as good as amp direct to speakers.
  15. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

My amp arrived. I ha ent opened it yet bit the card that came with said 10w. So i assume it is in linear not triode. Anyway it sounds pretty good with my axis floor standers. They 92db so not a bad pairing . Not a massive change from my nad 352I also picked up some fostex 167e drivers. I put...
  16. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Pulled the trigger today on el34 silver deluxe. I asked to be triode as per a few other posters recommendations.
  17. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Beautiful. I have some old boxes maybe i could look into those drivers.
  18. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

My speakers are 90s axis ls38s. 92.5db sensitivity. Hopefully ok?
  19. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Thanks for the reply. Cant get that link to work. Ill flip through the thread and see which one you bought. Shame about that shipping price.
  20. A

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

sorry to dredge the thread. wondering if you were still happy with your purchase? And did you have an opinion on any of these? shipping to Oz seems to be pretty variable among the companies...
  21. A

HPM 60 tweeter alteraltion

Do you have the parts list? Maybe ill put an order in.
  22. A

Maybe i should just recap them and then reassess
  23. A

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/hpm-60s-compaired-to-hpm-100s.56251/page-3 A member named kegger had some good results with a nrw tweeter in this thread. For $60 might be worth a try.
  24. A

Speakers for jazz

Ive only heard a few speakers but find my advent 4002s a bit easier on the ears than my hpm 60s.
Back
Top Bottom