Search results

1. adrian78m

Just picked up a JVC/Nivico SRP-471E-5

Managed to rewire the tone arm, and the table works great. Sounds amazing.
  2. adrian78m

Maybe this? https://www.needledoctor.com/JVC-DT29-Stylus
  3. adrian78m

Anyone know what stylus this table takes?
  4. adrian78m

Even the motor mounts are still good, which I hear is a common problem with these.
  5. adrian78m

Stopped into our local thrift store to see if there were any goodies, and walked out with a JVC/Nivico SRP-471E-5, for $10. The motor works, as well as speed changer. The tone arm looks good. Even the cartridge looks ok. A few issues though: - It does not turn off - starts spinning as soon...
  6. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Well I did all I could do with it, and finally sent it out to a pro to be fully restored. Still waiting to get it back.
  7. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Is the DBT a must have? I do have the parts for it already, just wondering if it is needed. I was already leery about touching anything on the tuner board, which is why I haven't.
  8. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Many thanks larry and rcs! Lots of good info. I need more info on how to check/adjust the offset and bias. I am assuming these settings are performed on the 4 pots on the power amp, according to page 19 of the service manual? (using 25mV, instead of the written 50mV). What is a DBT? I'm going...
  9. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Didn't replace the 313's, but the list I got from tsd71 says to use Mouser 512-KSC2073TU.
  10. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Some pics of the recap process:
  11. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Took me a few days, but here's what I've done so far: - Replaced all electrolytic caps on all boards except those on the tuner board, and the big filter caps - Replaced the 2SC1384 on the protection board with a 512-KSC2690AYS - Replaced the heat-sinked 2sc1451's on the power supply board -...
  12. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Looking at the following for filter caps: http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&itemSeq=223333633&uq=636260363775912531 or http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&itemSeq=223333635&uq=636260363775912531 Only difference is the ripple current rating. One is...
  13. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

So, my order of caps came in today. All good except for the filter caps. Now I've got these huge things that I don't think will work...
  14. adrian78m

Building replica Large Advent cabinets

The smell seems to be in the front and back mdf parts, and the foam. The sides and top/bottom are solid wood and don't seem to be affected as much. I really just want to build new though. I like a good project.
  15. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Just the info I was looking for. Thanks!
  16. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

There are multiple sheets in the file, one called "Caps"
  17. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

I heard that it might be a good idea to replace certain transistors as well. Does anyone know which I should target?
  18. adrian78m

It certainly looks like MDF would be the right choice. Thanks.
  19. adrian78m

Pictures?
  20. adrian78m

I would like to put metal grills on them as well, to protect the drivers from damage. Will that detract from the sound quality?
  21. adrian78m

Yes, I am copying the interior volume exactly, as well as using 3/4 inch thick wood. I want to go with real wood, instead of mdf, particle board, or plywood. Do you think it is worth it to rebuild the crossovers as well? The original configuration sounded great, but will the components degrade...
  22. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

I noticed that there are some part numbers in your list that are used for multiple caps with the same capacitance, but with differing voltages. Is that ok? In other words is it ok to replace caps with specs of: 1uF/25v, 1uF/10v, 1uF/50v, all with caps of 1uF/50v?
  23. adrian78m

Pioneer SX-939 Recap

Thanks! Do I need to replace all of that?
  24. adrian78m

I got a set of Large Advents, and the drivers and crossovers are ok, but the cabinets have a moldy/musty smell that I cannot get rid of. I would also like a more modern look, but still have the superb Advent sound. Therefore, I am going to build a new set of cabinets, with exactly the same...
Back
Top Bottom