Search results

1. G

The Most Abused L300s - A Restoration Thread

Yeah, I understand, I just don’t know at 26 he really understands that he is in possession of what for many of us is a holy grail speaker. True, he can probably get $4,000-$5,000 for them which I’m sure would solve a lot of temporary problems. Maybe he can hold on to the 300s and sell a kidney...
  2. G

The Most Abused L300s - A Restoration Thread

Do whatever you can but please don’t sell them. I’ve owned my Jubals since I bought them new in 1976. I went through a period in the 80s when I lost appreciation for them and went in other directions speakerwise. Thank God I didn’t sell them, they’ve been my favorites for the past 20 years.
  3. G

Stretching and gluing new cloth over L65 frames

Thank you so much. I ordered the navy blue fabric and glue from Simply Speakers. Should be here next week.
  4. G

Stretching and gluing new cloth over L65 frames

Hi, I’m in the final stages of restoring my original L65 Jubals. One of the grill frames is damaged beyond repair and the other fabric is faded and torn, so I’m recovering both with a new frame made by me on the other. that’s the new frame, still to be painted. I’m trying to wrap my head...
  5. G

Refinishing my original Jubals..

As the title says, I refinished my original Jubals. I bought them new in 1976 and thought they could do a little sprucing up. My buddy is re-capping the crossovers. All the drivers are in very good condition including the foam surrounds. I was just wondering if while they are opened up there if...
  6. G

Jbl L-65 cab plans

This thread is almost four years old, but I finally got around to refinishing my original Jubals. I bought these new in 1976. I’ve owned a lot of nice speakers over the years, various B&W speakers, Martin Logan CLS’s, Klipsh Cornwalls etc, but raised on stands and powered by a Macintosh MC225...
  7. G

JBL L65 Jubal

Nice old thread, but still alive. I bought my Jubals back in the spring of 1977. They are the original N65 crossover- 126A woofer model. My original set up was a Dual 701 w/ Shure V15-4 into Dynaco Pat5 preamp and ST400 power amp. That system seriously kicked butt on rock and big band jazz. I...
  8. G

Why I Rarely Re-Cap My Vintage Receivers

No I got it, tried to add a smiley face, but iphone wouldn't let me. I'll check in over on the Mac forum, thanks...
  9. G

Thanks guys, you're a big help. Trying to put a smiley face here.
  10. G

Well, I read through the whole thread and am no more enlightened than before. I recently bought a McIntosh MX122 that is a 10/10 cosmetically, and seemingly working perfectly. The original owner is a tech guy who kept it serviced from by cleaning and lubing, and aligning the tuner section, but...
  11. G

100-130 wpc receivers, Akai-Yamaha

Sorry, I'm not selling, but I just had my CR2020 brought up to specs and aligned the tuner section. I forgot what a great receiver this is! I'm just listening to NPR and a local fm station through my 75 vintage L-65 Jubals, and enjoying every minute. I did test it on a few CDs and it compared...
  12. G

Bang and Olufsen Beogram 4004 Restoration

Hi, I've been a long time lurker on all things vintage audio since I got back into two channel stereo a few years ago. Since then I have brought most of my old stuff off the shelf and restored as necessary. At this point I have the following components up and running well: Conrad Johnson PV2a...
Back
Top Bottom