Search results

1. J

Stereo Rehab experiences

He's probably just overworked
  2. J

Concept 5.5 win? Or did I lose?

Apparently these units have faulty power switches. I have to physically unplug the unit when I'm done listening to it because it is still running even after the switch is pressed.
  3. J

100 bucks. I also got it refurbished. It's a great receiver.
  4. J

Humble system in progress

went with the paradigm mini monitors. WOW is all i have to say. what a difference in sound compared to my old speakers. The amount of clarity is night and day. Honestly, I can't even imagine adding a subwoofer to this setup yet. The bass is actually very impressive for the small size of these...
  5. J

I can understand how pointless an eq would be on my current setup. Like I said it sounds even better without it on and i was running it flattened out anyway. It def looks cool haha. So two channel audio..since my receiver is a vintage receiver would it be weird to run two bookshelves as my...
  6. J

Thanks! They don't get any use, they're old realistic koss style headphones from RadioShack probably late seventies. From my dads old gear
  7. J

I had a bad receiver before so it made things sound better but with the concept it's just so much better without it
  8. J

I think it would be best to ask a guy from Canada this question. I have the opportunity to purchase either a pair of nearly mint mission 731i speakers or a pair of like new paradigm mini monitor v3's for 150 bucks . Which would be the best take home?
  9. J

So a little update, I got the concept up and running after Casper at stereo rehab in Chicago did some fine work restoring this thing. After playing various albums on my tt and flipping through the radio and cds I've come to the conclusion I either haven't hooked up my external eq to properly...
  10. J

right on. "Strange jungle" haha
  11. J

Thanks!
  12. J

I'll try not to thanks for the heads up haha!
  13. J

Sure does! Although, I do want a new stylus for the TT
  14. J

Hey thanks I appreciate it!
  15. J

Hi folks, I figured i would share my setup and see what you guys think. Pioneer PL-518 TT Pioneer GR 470 EQ Technics SL- P220 CD Player Pioneer SX - 6 Receiver / (Soon to be replaced with a recapped concept 5.5 ) Pioneer CSG 303 pair speakers / (looking for polk 7b monitor) I mostly play...
  16. J

I'll try this tomorrow and see how it goes. If not I think I'll be bringing it to stereo rehab in Chicago to get it checked out
  17. J

I'm not sure. I've been looking around inside and it looks like the board that the power relay is on is the worst looking part of the inside of this thing. But the relay itself seems clean. I have a picture of the power switch. It looks like their are two parts to it . I also cleaned all of the...
  18. Power switch

Power switch

19. Relay board

Relay board

20. J

Really? Haha well that's good news
  21. J

Hello everyone ! I have a concept 5.5 receiver that I just bought a couple days ago. The thing is in beautiful cosmetic condition inside and out. the only thing wrong with it was the burnt out tuner bulbs which I replaced with Dave Woj amber leds I fired it up the first day and everything...
  22. J

Stereo Rehab experiences

This is good to know. Might be worth a trip to Chicago since cranky uncle Trotsky is out of commission in Milwaukee at the moment. When you say reasonable prices could you elaborate with numbers ? I'm a broke 29 year old cook.
  23. J

Receiver with power but no sound!

Anything ever come of this post? Bump
  24. J

What to pair with concept 5.5

i currently have a pair of pioneer cs g303 speakers that were handed down to me from my dads old rig. I just bought a concept 5.5 receiver to replace my pioneer sx 6 after the right channel stopped working on me. I'm looking to either replace the pioneers or add another set of speakers to pair...
Back
Top Bottom