Search results

1. Dominic N

Yamaha top-cover

I have an M-60 with a missing lid, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find something like that? I don't see anything offered on the well-known sales markets, will it still be available from Yamaha itself? or perhaps someone still has a top cover left, it may also be damaged. All...
  2. Dominic N

Yamaha M-70 smoking problem.

Yes I know that but I had no other choice and my 0.25w are not yet in stock, but it is interesting that this happens that the amplifier suddenly functions normally after starting up and quickly turning it off and on again. It will unfortunately be a long search. I was hoping someone had...
  3. Dominic N

yes there is now a 0.5 Watt resistor in it, a 0.25 Watt burns directly and is then more than 20k.
  4. Dominic N

Weird problem with an M-70, resistor R181 starts to smoke and if you quickly turn it off and then on again, the amp plays normally. I've already checked several transistors and replaced diodes, does anyone have any suggestions to push me in the right direction?:dunno: I checked all zener...
  5. Dominic N

Yamaha CDX-5000 tray

I recently got a nice CDX-5000 because I had repaired his C-65 and M-65 from the owner but unfortunately the previous owner had already fiddled with it himself, so that the end switch was broken and a loose guide wheel and a loose spring that I have already repaired and resolved but there is a...
  6. Dominic N

M-65 No output

Hi Roger, probably only your speaker relay is defective. You can try to clean the relay with fine sandpaper grain 2000 or higher, if it then plays well again, it is advisable to replace the relay for an omron g4w 24vDC for example It is the black square plastic thing and if you move it a little...
  7. Dominic N

Yamaha C-80 output.

I actually understand that yes, I am also very surprised about the very good quality compared to a newer CX-1000 but I am a bit lazy and I prefer a remote control and unfortunately the C-80 does not have that . I am currently using the CX-1000 with a YBA Passion 600 but I must say that I think...
  8. Dominic N

Yamaha C-80 output.

Yes I had read about it, 1 side inverted and 1 side on the normal side. but yes it should of course not sound better than my MX-1000 / CX-1000 combo otherwise I will not give it back to the owner ;-p
  9. Dominic N

Yamaha C-80 output.

Hi Avionic thanks for your feedback, then i will leave the pre as it is. A beautiful sound comes from the C-80 / M-80 combination.
  10. Dominic N

Yamaha C-80 output.

Hi a question and what you all think about it. I am renovating an M-80 and C-80 for someone who has just purchased it and unfortunately does not know the history of it but the M-80 (right side) had already been repaired by someone at an earlier stage so only there a recap but the C-80 played...
  11. Dominic N

Empty MX-1000

This is the empty amp :( that wants to play again ;)
  12. Dominic N

Empty MX-1000

I need a set of these sub-boards
  13. Dominic N

Empty MX-1000

Just a message in this thread, still wanted these 2 sub-boards of Yamaha MX-1000. :(
  14. Dominic N

Goodmans Dimension 8 Speakers

You can spray the canvas with a spray can, I have done that with the set that is here in the living room, in my opinion it does not affect the sound.
  15. Dominic N

Wow what a beautiful update, very nicely done I am very impressed. What kind of speaker cloth are you going to use? on evilbay is a person from GB europe (named.?..?.tannoy) who sells very nice retro fabrics. I'm going to test my loudspeakers again for leakage of air, the set that I'm using at...
  16. Dominic N

Yamaha C-4 input selector switch repair

Yes, that's right, I had them bent something. It's been a few years since I worked on the C-4 and it's not the preamplifier that I use every day. But I will definitely remember this. I think it's very nicely done by Dr. Ear.
  17. Dominic N

Yamaha C-4 input selector switch repair

Only contact 60 is not sufficient, if you do not rinse it with contact WL the switch will eventually disturb again as the last use your contact 61 to lubricate it all. WD-40 is to lubricate the chain of your bike not electronics :D
  18. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

So I have the M-4 picked up will open a new topic on it, I have already worked on it and he plays already again the IC of the vu-meter was defective and gave DC and the relay did not come in and later a VD1212 defect went along with a resistor and a 2088 now he plays and the R-side overload...
  19. Dominic N

:lurk:
  20. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

I think the XLR stereo is connected, it is not original of yamaha and I'm going to bring that back with gilded rca connections, I also have an M-60 of evilbay from the Czech Republic of which both channels are defective ..... I am not sitting still for the time being.
  21. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

but at the moment I'm also working on a YBA Passion 600 stereo amp, almost all of its print tracks have been burned, and finish my CX-1000 recap and after Christmas I'm finally going to pick up the Yamaha M-4 that was used as a boat anchor
  22. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

oh I can still check that, I want to reopen the casing because to clean the back also a second time I have not already put all the dirt off when he does it every day, there is still a bad smell.
  23. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

I have checked all transistors and given a layer of thermal paste again. The amplifier perfectly plays at a higher volume. I think the resistances are still good, I noticed that the amplifier looks good on the inside. I think they used the amplifier normally in the past, sometimes I find...
  24. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

Today I finally received the right X2 capacitors and replaced all Rifa's and replaced some electrolytics and mounted the new speaker-terminal and now it's ready. I now have the amp on the spot of my MX-1000 and I must say that the B-6 does not disappoint me in terms of sound I am even surprised...
  25. Dominic N

Burned Yamaha B-6

I think that Garolite is a stronger material, that trovidur that I use is residual material from my work to make control cabinets touch safe but it is very sturdy stuff and you can even tap threaded, so that trovidur I can take with me for free. And I have just bought an M-4 that was probably...
Back
Top Bottom