Search results

1. E

Anyone have experience with Fidelity Research FR-54 & FR24 tonearms?

Mystery solved! 1 lifted it up by 1mm and tightened the two set screws on the shaft. Apparently came with the two screws Untightened. That's why the top and bottom mated to each other. Thanks
  2. E

Thanks for checking. Hmm, arm is a NOS which I've had packed up for almost a decade. By clearance, you mean that there is gap between the two surfaces where it sits or it can lift upwards by 1mm? Mine doesn't have that 1mm clearance and it looks like the two surfaces are mated together. Perhaps...
  3. E

Ok thanks, play seems to be the wrong word I guess. The upper pivot where it affixes the arm tube to control vertical movement, there is no play. It's just that I can lift the upper bearing housing from the lower by about a millimeter or so (where it rotates horizontally towards the record...
  4. E

I'm trying to understand the bearing system of the FR54 arm which I'm mounting. Seems that I can lift the bearing housing a little upwards by about 1mm. This upper housing plate seems to swivel on the lower shaft plate. Would this upwards play be normal? I gently tightened the set screws a...
Back
Top Bottom