Search results

1. K

CL score -- Jamo in wall speakers.

Hi all, I scored a bundle of Jamo in-wall speakers off Craigslist recently. I have 4 with a driver labeled 660A with a 6.5" woofer and a 1" tweeter. Also 4 with a driver labeled 892A with a 8" woofer and the same tweeter setup. There is one that has dual woofers labeled 616LCR2 and a single...
  2. K

Boston Acoustic T830 cross over question

Hi all, I picked up some Boston Acoustic T830 speakers on CL recently for $20. They need new foam surrounds so I bought a kit from ebay (seller: midwestspeaker) with dust caps for $25. I pulled the woofers out last night and took the picture below of the crossover network. The woofers had a...
  3. Boston Acoustic T830 Xover

Boston Acoustic T830 Xover

4. K

The '80s Playlist

Found INXS - Listen Like Thieves (1985) on CD at a thrift store today. Paid almost 3 bucks for it but I think it was worth it...
  5. K

Question: finding the best used receiver?

I really appreciate all the advise. With the exception of the boombox poster it was all very helpful. :thumbsup: I did wind up with the HK3390. It's really clean and sounded good. I think the wife will be happy that I brought home something a little more modern. (at least until next time) I...
  6. K

Intro: Chris from CO

Thanks for all the warm welcome messages... Thanks for the heads up Larry. I went to put that date on the calendar and realized that's the day before my wedding anniversary and I'll be with the wife in Colorado Springs. I watched the video and it looks like all the same people that show up to...
  7. K

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I'm going to look at a Harman Kardon HK3390 this evening. He wants $80 for it but it comes with the remote and looks like it's in good shape. Looking at the T830's tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.
  8. K

Isn't the 0.9% thd on that SX-253R a bad thing? I was only looking at AVRs because there seems to be so many to choose from. So analog or a Dolby Pro Logic would be better for sound quality?
  9. K

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm just so overwhelmed look at used gear. I guess my requirements aren't that big so I should just pick something and learn what I like and don't like about it.
  10. K

Hi I'm piecing together a budget system and would like some direction/advise from more knowledgeable people. So, looking over the local craigslist ad's I see that early-2000's surround sound receivers are stupid cheap. I'm not looking for video just stereo and most of them will put 70-100 watts...
  11. K

Intro: Chris from CO

Hi AK, I'm a new member, logging in from Denver, Colorado. My name is Chris and I'm trying to piece together a budget system and wound up here while doing research (like every other google search brings me here) so thought I'd join and see what it's all about. thanks, Chris
Back
Top Bottom