Search results

1. N

Looking for some Power Amp opinions or expereinces

Thanks, spoke to Adcom support. They stated that speaker protection circuits would negatively impact the sound. The system sounds great with it's current configuration as described in the original post. Was curious if anyone thought adding the Adcom 555-2 would be an upgrade over one of the...
  2. N

Looking for some Power Amp opinions or expereinces

Hello, 2 of my home Theater setups consist of HK Signature 2200 bridged driving KEF 1Q9's, downstairs I have a Parasound HCA-1000A driving a pair of KEF Q7's and upstairs A B&K 2140 driving a pair of KEF REF ONE's. System sounds outstanding. Here is dilemma, can pick up a Adcom GFA-555 II...
  3. N

Marantz 2230 still never fails to please

Interesting but the non restored one has a bit more warm color.
  4. N

what is the searchable term for this component stand

Looking for the searchable name for this type of stand that sits on top of a receiver or sound processor? Thank
  5. N

Your favorite low power receivers

Love lowed powered 70's receivers Favorites include: Marantz 2230, Pioneer SX-990, Sansui 350a, HK three thirty and now Scott 382-B. All these receivers fill the home with sweet warm music pushing Jensen Tri-ettes, or TF3A's. I rotate them monthly.
  6. N

Scott 382-B - impressive - topless

This unit has spent 30 years in a closet. It sounds warm and has ample power to push my vintage Jensen speakers. It uses a similar capacitor coupling technology as the Marantz 2230. Built like a brick.
  7. N

Marantz 2230 still never fails to please

I have 2 of these wonderful capacitor coupled units. One totally restored from irebuildmarantz and one from an estate sale. Unit 1 is in my family room 2 channel rotation with an HK930, Mac 1700 and Rogue Cronus (also rotate NOS pre-amp tubes when using), all driving Klipsch Forte IIs. For...
  8. N

Help with agonizing decision..

I keep multiple units and switch them time to time. I have one rack with some favorite vintage receivers. MAC 1700, Marantz 2230 (restored), HK 930.
  9. N

Anthem AVM-30 HT Preamp/processor on the way

Interesting. I never used a SPL meter, but I do not mix (except subwoofers). I have 4 sets of home theater speakers. Kef Ref One, with Kef IQ9C center, Kef Q7 with another IQ9C (love the IQ9C and IMO sounds better than ref 90), B&W 600 series in bedroom, also a set of Paridigm Monitors, hardly...
  10. N

Anthem AVM-30 HT Preamp/processor on the way

So impressed with Sunfire Home Theator Grand IV That I purchased another pre-amp processor. An Anthem AVM-30 HT Preamp/processor. The Sunfire is in our family room currently with a Parrasound HCA-1000A driving the fronts, a bridged HK Signature 2200 driving the Center and a HK 2000 driving the...
  11. N

Touch up paint for components

Shoe polish wiped off Tried KIWI black shoe polish. Wiped off when I tried to buff. Time for paint pen.
  12. N

Power AMP options - opinions welcomed and apprecaited

Inputs and outputs on crawn Does the Crown have exotic inputs or outputs? The sunfire supports RCA and XLS. Dont own any XLS cables.
  13. N

Thanks Shoe wax sounds like an ez solution.
  14. N

Tested Sunfire yesterday Using Parrasound HCA-1000 on fronts, with HK Signature 2200 bridged on Center and HK 2000 on back. It was amazing. Heard details that I never heard on that system. Will post pics shortly. Meanwhile a nice juicy B&K is on the way, planning on using it for fronts. Hard...
  15. N

I have a number of components, that I bought at estate sales, ebay, etc. They are in amazing shape but the previous owners were not careful when it came to scratching them. Does anyone know of a touch up paint in Amplifier Black? Thanks
  16. N

Thank you both for your reply. I am open to either multiple 2 channel (bridging center), or a 5 channel. This is our very open family room. It currently has Kef Q7 fronts and Kef Q9c center. I am open to possibly switching out my Kef REF Ones that I have in my home theater (a much smaller room)...
  17. N

Hello, I am looking for 1 or more power amps worthy of my soon to arrive Sunfire Grand Theater IV pre-amp processor. I have 4 power amps that I have used with a Marantz 7500. Not sure they are worthy to the Sunfire. They are a Parrasound HCA1000A, Harmon Kardon Signature PA2200 and PA2100...
  18. N

Sunfire Theater Grand IV questions?

hope the Kef Q9C and Q7's are worthy I have kef Q7 fronts and Q9C centers in the big family room where the sunfire is going. I hope they are worth. Another option is some paridigm monitor series I am not using. The home theater has kef ref ones and they are perfect in that room. Some thoughts...
  19. N

Tannoy Fusion 2 - wow

Just picked up a slightly used pair of Tannoy Fusion 2's. I have been very pleased with other British Brands such as KEF and B&W, so I was curious to give them a try. They are amazing. My original plan was to use them with an Adcom AMP with a Nakamichi MB2 with preamp outs. Now I don't know. One...
  20. N

McIntosh 2100 vs Citation 19 for Sunfire Theater Grand IV

Which models would you stay away from? Recommend? Thanks
  21. N

Thanks, love the MAC sound. Also have had great luck with non Citation HKs.
  22. N

Spring cleaning - to keep or not to keep

Thanks, now you have me curious. will connect Scott 382A (capacitor coupled like Marantz 2230) to vintage Jenson TF-3A's. Usually I use them with vintage tube amps.
  23. N

Just purchased a Sunfire Theater Grand IV Seven Channel Preamp/Processor. It was a Theater Grand III that Sunfire upgraded to a Grand IV for 1000. Q) I have a number of 2 channel, bridgeable power amps, including vintage Harmon Kardon, Adcom and Parrasound. While I may try those out, I have...
Back
Top Bottom