Search results

1. crassmage

Need speaker opinions

Sounds good, thanks for the advice, it seems to be obvious as to what the consensus is. I will stay with the ARs
  2. crassmage

Need speaker opinions

Sounds about right. My son is a huge realistic fanboy so maybe see if he will bite. At lower volumes it kind of a wash, but you put some power on them the ARs stand out.. Are they similar in value?
  3. crassmage

Need speaker opinions

I have a pair of Mach ii realistic vs AR 78 LS but dont have space for both. So to me they both sound about the same overall, ehich is decent, and both have pros and cons. Its a wash in my mind. Anyone have a say as to which to keep? Condition wise they are the same, both perform as they...
  4. crassmage

Pioneer pl-12d question

That was a great reply. I will switch them around if they are interchangeable. See how I feel. Thank you for the taking the time to write that out..
  5. crassmage

Pioneer pl-12d question

I have a very decent example of a 12d. What I am wondering is what stylus cartridge to use. It is currently equipped with an ADC VLM that seems to sound fine. But I came across a Shure m75-6s with 75-6 stylus. Is it worth swapping them out?Are they compatible? I am totally new to this. So...
  6. crassmage

Wharfedale Dovedale iii speakers. Worth it?

I thought that myself...could be
  7. crassmage

Cq Interesting...thanks will do.
  8. crassmage

I did indeed do that. But i found the sound less bright. More balanced perhaps. But, Kinda duller actually. Didn't notice a drastic change.
  9. crassmage

Thank you for the response...meant capacitors ;)...lol it's been a long day.
  10. crassmage

So I have a question regarding the resistors. I have a 22 and a 2.2 to replace the 25 for now. What EXACTLY is meant by putting them "In parallel". Twist both ends together and solder them in place? Thanks
  11. crassmage

They were $15 for the pair. So I'm in good shape
  12. crassmage

Actually 3 of my 4 drivers were "locked". I managed to save 2 building a rig. One was hopeless. So I need one of those. Woofers and peerless tweets are all in good shape. 6500 is the one I need
  13. crassmage

Nice. If it was my wife she would just say whatever to humor me lol. But yeah there is a placebo effect so to speak sometimes. As far as appearances. The wharfedales look nicer. Will see. I have some 10s too I am looking for a mid driver for. My ear likes Polk sound I guess.
  14. crassmage

I find the monitor 7 bass to be subtle compared to most. In fact I have it hooked to a powered sub I turn on at times. The bass was pretty good on the wharfedales though. Just the highs and mids were dull. Hoping the caps give em a boost. Order placed Very appreciative of the feedback!
  15. crassmage

Sound good? I'm hoping they can go toe to toe with the polkies. Nothing else has and MANY have tried . I gotta quit trying to beat them and just accept them:)
  16. crassmage

Ok. I'm in Minnesota. These are resin? Is there something better or recommended instead? Thanks for you help
  17. crassmage

Ok. Figured as much on the voltage. But is there a place anyone recommends to get these parts?
  18. crassmage

Does voltage matter? Like a 100v in place of the 50v. So long as the mfd is correct? Does it need to be electrolytic etc too? Is the better options?
  19. crassmage

Also is this correct? Seems like electrical tape around this thing. Maybe the old fella tried a fix at one point?
  20. crassmage

I have since opened them up and am new to this. I'm not afraid of a solder iron etc. I just want to be sure I get good replacements for these. Maybe someone would be so kind as to translate or point a newb to the right place?
  21. crassmage

So i ended up getting them for 50 with the promise to restore them. So hoping it pans out. Thanks for all the input. Hoping to get these roaring again.
  22. crassmage

I noticed the top end wasn't close either. These have any value? They told me to make an offer if I wanted to do the repairs
  23. crassmage

Ok it wasn't even close battle. The wharfedales must need some refreshing via caps etc. I wanted to know if they are worth the effort. Into them for 150 but can bring them back. Thoughts? Thanks
  24. crassmage

Interesting. I switched amps to my ar-29 and there is improvements. Will AB them later(with my old monitor 7 Polk's). But yes you kinda nailed the sound of them. Anyone have a valuation on these? $50? 300? Just curious as I don't see much on these. Condition is decent.
Back
Top Bottom