Search results

1. W

Tangent Lupus Amp and Preamp.

Good question. I did manage to find that website in my search, but that was about it.
  2. W

I have found that the amp is around 100 watts a channel 8 ohms, and that they were made in the early 80s. That's about all I can find.
  3. W

Hello, I have a chance to acquire a Tangent Lupus Princeps preamp and a Tangent Lupus Servus Amp. I am having trouble finding much info on these. Does anyone have any experience or info on this set. Thanks.
  4. W

Toshiba SA7100 so hot it melted veneer on top

I never even went out to the garage tonight to work on it. To hot. Working in the heat all day wore me out.
  5. W

Sorry, I fell asleep last night. I'm at work right now but hope to try and do those adjustments tonight. It's 100 degrees with the humidity out right now. Might have to move it into the house to work on .
  6. W

Same readings as on the other channel. 5 and 7, and 6 and 8
  7. W

They measure 1.1 and 1.2
  8. W

I do have a buddy who has done recaps on quite a few amps that could help me out though.
  9. W

I have done some soldering. Not a lot.
  10. W

I don’t have the board out. Hard to get a pic. I think I found the resistors you are talking about though. Should there be one for each transistor. Is it the white square ones in the center of pic by the big black cap
  11. W

May be getting over my head now haha. I don’t know what an emitter resistor is or looks like.
  12. W

500ma, and one looks like 8 amp
  13. W

Ok. I cleaned the ends of fuses. Getting the same readings as before. However I think my meter is off by a bit. If I’m correct when you touch leads together you should get 0. Mine shows .4 , I put pic of meter to,show what settings I have it to to make sure I’m measuring it right.
  14. W

Pic of veneer, sorry for bad photo. iPad camera not great.
  15. W

Thanks for your help petehall347. I think I found a bad fuse.
  16. W

Thanks avionic. My meter isn’t the greatest, when I touch the leads together I get 0.4, when I check the fuses I get 1.5 on one of them and 0.4 on the other one.
  17. W

I think I just found a bad fuse. Thanks for the answer pioneered. That’s what i was wondering.
  18. W

Can you explain your comment about check the fuses.
  19. W

I had my meter set on dc volts 200m, which I assume is millivolts. When I did pins 1 and 3 and 2 and 4, -1 came up on my meter. Sorry, I’m just learnIng how to do any sort of diagnostics. I appreciate your help.
  20. W

I shut I down when my digital thermometer showed 70 Celsius, which I guess is around 155 Fahrenheit.
  21. W

No problem. Volts. I posted wrong when I said open circuit.
  22. W

Haha. I had to look up what rtfm meant.
  23. W

That was my next move, when I find some time. Remove the heat sink and boards and check the new transistors closer. I’m not sure if the heat sink was discoloured from this repair or from before the transistors were replaced.
  24. W

sorry, yes. My meter showed -1 on those pins. It showed .8 on the other ones.
Back
Top Bottom