Search results

1. tubeactive

Kutztown, PA Antq Radio/Vntg Electronics Swap Meet/Auction May 10-11, 2024

Twice a year, since 2001, in May + Sept., these are truly events ! Sponsored by the Delaware Valley Historical Radio Club, www.dvhrc.com , and hosted by Renninger's Farmers and Antique Market in Kutztown, PA www.renningers.net , these "Happenings" occur rain or shine, as there are two...
  2. tubeactive

RIAA Active Correction (by NFB)

Outstanding ! We have a winner ! Enjoy !
  3. tubeactive

@tubelectron , Indeed, a higher than normal Turnover frequency (lower Time Constant) should increase your reticent low-mids area. Try the 2700pf or jump right to the 2500pf. Re-test after u start liking the sonic results. You might have to give the new caps a bit of "wake up and...
  4. tubeactive

Wow ! Way cool...You show the actual RIAA playback response curve in chart form. The channels measure okay, but note the slight imbalance in channels re: low bass. That could be the result of unmatched bass EQ caps (3000pf = .003uf). So, how do you, @tubelectron like this vintage, original...
  5. tubeactive

@tubelectron , I edited the first response post to include important design info, but the phono EQ isn't really a mystery. It's certainly not rocket science.. When I apply the above design math to my available caps n resistors, it works great. The time constants are important. Using...
  6. tubeactive

Hi...The 3000pf//2.2M is the Bass network. Roll off is the 750pf//100K. Each of the R-C networks "in series," can be determined by: R x C = TC, a Time Constant. So, 100K x .00075 = 75 uS, the standard RIAA Rolloff TC since 1955. Combined, the R-C networks mathematically derive the...
  7. tubeactive

The best 6SN7 just might be a 6J5-GT, 6J5-G or a British made L 63.

Thanks for the mention @bye fi ...I was actually referring to my homebrew Peerless A100 amps, which I built some years after my Sun Radio amp pairs. The Suns are very open and lively, with no negative feedback loop; a very fast, large sound. When talking genuine, DHT triode amps, available to...
  8. tubeactive

Must Move 80 pound tube amp from central NJ or Kutztown, PA to Northern Florida or Georgia

Holiday Greetings, All ! I have this heavyweight amp that needs a ride to northern Florida or southern Georgia. I will put it in a box, but I need help loading it into your vehicle. The next Kutztown, PA Antique Radio/Vintage Electronics meet is May 10th and 11th, 2024. A meetup there could be...
  9. tubeactive

Days until the Finest Eastern, Vintage Swap Meet, 9/15/23 @ Kutztown, PA: Antique Radio, HiFi, Vintage Electronics !

Great...Weather at Kutz this week, after Wed., should be delightful for this Happening ! SAFE TRAVELS !
  10. tubeactive

Days until the Finest Eastern, Vintage Swap Meet, 9/15/23 @ Kutztown, PA: Antique Radio, HiFi, Vintage Electronics !

Wow ! Only 2 weeks until Show Time ! Come one ! Come All ! Free admission ! Free Parking n Camping ! Over 270 tables ! Something for everyone, for certain...
  11. tubeactive

You know, I like fires, just not huge, dangerous ones...While that Friday, late night fire is not one of my favorite exhibits, many folks gather around in delight, while nearby folks are lighting/shooting fireworks. I can think of, oh, so many more reasons for taking the time, journeying to...
  12. tubeactive

These are truly one of the most worthwhile Swap Meets in the USA ! Info available at www.dvhrc.com as well as www.renningers.net The Kutztown, PA Radio Swap Meet Event shows have been and will continue to exhibit/offer huge amounts of vintage HiFi Audio equipment, studio gear, Electronic parts...
  13. tubeactive

Auction @Jackson, NJ, 7/15/23 was great! Results@post 4

Well, folks, the July 15th, 2023 auction was a superb "buying bargains" opportunity ! Seriously, if you know of a nearby estate sale or auction, specializing in antique radio, vintage electronics, HiFi, Stereo, etc...YOU REALLY SHOULD CHECK THEM OUT ! I am going to jump right in...I recommend...
  14. tubeactive

Telefunken 12AX7s - Transition from Ribbed Plate to Smooth Plate

Agreed... Now, can we all please keep the topic with respect to Telefunken preamp tubes ? The OP did start the thread wanting 12AX7 tube info...
  15. tubeactive

Well, This auction is in two days and they insist there are over 300 lots, yet there are only 225 pics posted today. Many single lots have two pics posted. So, we are "teased" at these pics, but let's remember, there will be over 100 lots we have not seen yet ! Judging from their past...
  16. tubeactive

Playback Market at Renninger's Home of Kutztown PA Fair...Lps, etc.. July 8th

As I understand it, there were around thirty exhibitor-vendors, about half selling records, while the other exhibitors were selling clothes, jewelry n art. There was a crowd, albeit not large, enthusiastic crowd, continuously buying discs, both young n old; most were sporting "ready to carry...
  17. tubeactive

7/6/2023 Update: Many pics have been recently uploaded, indicating the serious amount of HiFi gear, which will be auctioned 7/15/23. More pics may come, but keep in mind that they will only be a small sampling of the full catalog to be sold that day. The full catalog will be out shortly, but...
  18. tubeactive

sun radio CR-10 mono amplifier

Thanks @radioactive ! While the kit price was low, it was less than half the price of the Brook 12A, 10W triode amp as well as the newly introduced in 1949, McIntosh 20W1 and 20W2 which alleged doble the power, 20 Watts from a pair of 6V6GTs ! Like the company motto from Brook, "Natural...
  19. tubeactive

Edited: Some auction results are listed in Post #4... The NJ Antique Radio club, www.njarc.org , and the Delaware Valley Antique Radio Club, www.dvhrc.com are lucky they both have two important members who have combined their knowledge to form www.jdauctionsllc.com , a live auction co., as...
  20. tubeactive

No worries with your .047 uf. The lower cplg cap values were probably originally included in the design to prevent possible rumble or noise from the phono stage. You can certainly make your phono stage low noise too...
  21. tubeactive

The original phono stage is more like the original, first GE UPX-003, using passive phono EQ for turnover/bass boost, combined with a small value input resistor, "loading down" the phono cartridge, in order to provide the treble rolloff. For anyone researching the GE UPX series of phono...
  22. tubeactive

Finally..
  23. tubeactive

@gadget73 is correct, as usual...! The Bass and Treble controls are both 2M pots. There is similar topology with the earlier, passive Treble control after the first tube, the 6J5, with lower capacitance value caps on each side of the control. With 115VAC in, you should read near 60VDC at the...
  24. tubeactive

Hi John, Congratulations on having such a wonderful amp ! Pairing this up will take a while, I am sure. I have had two pairs thru the years. There are three versions, with various transformer combos, plus either brown or grey-blue hammertone chassis, and since they were all kits, I "simply"...
  25. tubeactive

Music Reference RM5 MK4 and MC cartridge question- any Modjeskiphiles out there?!?

Very nice preamps from Roger M (Rest In Peace, Sir...). I use an RM-4 Tube Headamp which was quite finnicky as to which low output mc cart was used with it. However, my low output mc never sounded better. Previously, I used my FR-7 with many transistor headamps and SUTs, but Roger knew how to...
Back
Top Bottom