Search results

1. Max Flower

Help identifying nameless speakers?

For what it's worth, I checked the back of the speakers and found the same name on each, "Foster" with a stylised "AL" above it. As in the image below. Also says made in Taiwan. Did a little research, and still couldn't work these out, but it's possible these were house speakers for JB Hi-Fi in...
  2. Max Flower

Not sure what BPC stands for?
  3. Max Flower

Thanks everyone for your help so far! I will do some more research based on the suggested brands and look for an identifier on one of the woofers tonight and report back. I've also had a listen to them now.. They don't hold a candle to the Krix towers I have behind them but for $10 the sound was...
  4. Max Flower

Picked these up today for $10. No indication of brand or model number anywhere on these, so I'm curious if anyone recognises them. They don't seem home made. Quite heavy, they measure roughly 30cm in width and depth and about 92cm tall. Here is a picture of the drivers:
  5. Max Flower

Help with a "starter" speaker setup

I have the 301s, but series 1 and this looks like a series 3 (could be wrong here). Anyway, they are warm sounding, not utterly detailed, but a fun and engaging listen.
  6. Max Flower

Krix Lyrix Lyrix loudspeakers

Great to know. They are certainly lively, and I'm keen to hear how they sound with different sources. I don't think my amp or speaker wire is letting them shine!
  7. Max Flower

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Here's my updated small listening room, about 3.5 x 3.5. At the moment it consists of: Audio Technica ATLP120 TT, Onkyo HT-R391 Receiver, Krix Lyrix Loudspeakers (main speakers), Jamo Cornet IV's with Onkyo Sub (secondary speakers). Shitty C.D.C Cd Player, will replace soon. Headphones are...
  8. Max Flower

Krix Lyrix Lyrix loudspeakers

Picked these up today for just $15. Have got a lot more listening to do on them, but so far after an hour they sound excellent. Made in Australia, I read these things sold for around $1500 new. They have a scratch on one of the cabinets but the cones and surrounds are perfect :) Anyone have...
  9. Max Flower

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

through Sennheiser HD449's
  10. Max Flower

hiking in south america

It's definately on my mind. I've already got two trips on the table first though, Hawaii and later, France, so it's gonna take me a couple of years at least before I can get to Patagonia. I've heard excellent things though!
  11. Max Flower

Better Call Saul

Im watching it on Stan, Australian streaming service.
  12. Max Flower

Better Call Saul

Season 3 has been so great, I really feel like it's up to BB standards now. BCS started with a more laid back tone and they've been clever to let the suspense build so naturally.
  13. Max Flower

New Fashion Fad

not entirely sure what to make of this as I don't pick up on subtext very well.
  14. Max Flower

Todays METAL playlist

Seriously great sludge/post metal, one of my favourites just in general tbh
  15. Max Flower

New Fashion Fad

I'd wear em. For real. Nice to see less of a divide between gendered fashion. I would personally love it if all forms of clothes were generally accepted as unisex.
  16. Max Flower

Picked up a pair of AKG K44

Yes I've been able to listen to the K52s, very good for the price. But when I do buy a pair to settle on for a while, I think I'll be spending closer to 300. The K44's are just for fun while I do my research :)
  17. Max Flower

Yes I've been able to listen to the K52s, very good for the price. But when I do buy a pair to settle on for a while, I think I'll be spending closer to 300. The K44's are just for fun while I do my research :)
  18. Max Flower

The equivalent of US$60 on average, though on sale probably more like 43
  19. Max Flower

I converted what I paid for them to usd to avoid confusion but I actually got them in Australia so I didn't have to worry about shipping. Any shipping from America to Australia is really expensive. Yeah I can hear their flaws but I find that interesting too- I certainly don't have a trained...
  20. Max Flower

Record Stand

Wow cool a NES!
  21. Max Flower

Found these for about US$13. I bought them for something adequate until I could save for something a little better, since the cables on my other 'phones stopped working long ago, and I don't have the knowledge to fix them. I've been doing my research and have even auditioned pairs that have out...
  22. Max Flower

hiking in south america

Finally made it home! What an experience! We hiked a volcano in the Galapagos islands, completed the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu, wandered the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia.. So much more. Will likely post photos some point across the next few days of the highlights. Jet-lagged as anything for now.
  23. Max Flower

hiking in south america

Took me a long time to save, if I'm being honest. Im also counting on a pay check to come through while I'm away so that I can eat enough throughout the trip :P Travel is expensive, every time I do it I'm always scraping by, but it's worth the experience
  24. Max Flower

Todays METAL playlist

Good to hear. I'm glad you like Show Yourself, as I've heard folks say that's the weakest track, but I can't see why. Sure it's the poppiest, but nothing wrong with that. I reckon Stormbreather and Clandestiny are my favourites.
  25. Max Flower

hiking in south america

I'll make sure to create a post with my favourite stories for the trip when I return. I have heard wonderful things about your Parks, and my partner and I have always said our dream honeymoon would be to spend a month or two hiking the Appalachian Trail. In other news, I leave tomorrow!
Back
Top Bottom