Search results

1. Max Flower

Help identifying nameless speakers?

Picked these up today for $10. No indication of brand or model number anywhere on these, so I'm curious if anyone recognises them. They don't seem home made. Quite heavy, they measure roughly 30cm in width and depth and about 92cm tall. Here is a picture of the drivers:
  2. Max Flower

Krix Lyrix Lyrix loudspeakers

Picked these up today for just $15. Have got a lot more listening to do on them, but so far after an hour they sound excellent. Made in Australia, I read these things sold for around $1500 new. They have a scratch on one of the cabinets but the cones and surrounds are perfect :) Anyone have...
  3. Max Flower

Picked up a pair of AKG K44

Found these for about US$13. I bought them for something adequate until I could save for something a little better, since the cables on my other 'phones stopped working long ago, and I don't have the knowledge to fix them. I've been doing my research and have even auditioned pairs that have out...
  4. Max Flower

Vegetarian (or vegan) food

Any vegetarians on AK? Or even if you aren't, I'd be interested to know if you like any meat free meals. I've been meat free for almost 5 years now, I haven't really ever looked back. I have some freinds who are vegetarian for ethical reasons, and I respect that, although I personally had to...
  5. Max Flower

hiking in south america

any fans of bushwalking/hiking? I'm doing a good 5 weeks travelling around sth america, specifically galapagos islands, inca trail, lake titicaca... will be leaving in the next few days, I can't wait. Who else loves to get out into nature and just wander? Anyone know some nice spots near where...
  6. Max Flower

90's Akai Speakers

Despite the bad reputation of 90's equipment compared to some earlier stuff, I decided to grab a pair of Akai 3-way speakers for coffee money.. the SR-H580, which was released as part of a complete setup in 1991, the M400 from the Fx Series. Speakers are 8ohm with a max power input of 70w. Now...
  7. Max Flower

my current system- just the beginning

I'm ambitious to spritz up my system soon... I have a few projects waiting in the mix. But for now, I've been enjoying this setup for a while. I'm currently setup in small room and usually play music at lower to medium levels so It sounds okay for now. My current system: Audio Technica ATLP120...
  8. Max Flower

hey there

Hello AK'ers! Best introduce myself: I'm Max from Australia (north east melbourne specifically) and I'm the kinda person who becomes helplessly obsessed by my interests. Passionate about many things.. painting, skateboarding, scotch, funky outfits (lots of colour and pattern, lots of 80's...
Back
Top Bottom