Search results

1. walkandtalk

Beatles songs by other Groups

I highly recommend this:
  2. walkandtalk

2 sets of speakers?

As others have said, that Yamaha can handle the load just fine. Enjoy!
  3. walkandtalk

Anyone recommend modern speakers over vintage?

Some BB's have a listening room, but all of them have a 14-day return policy. Take them home, give them a try, return them if you don't like them. Side benefit: those same speakers become "open box" items, and can be purchased by someone else at a lower price (and they also get a 14 day trial)...
  4. walkandtalk

Is Monster Platinum the best speaker wire Best Buy sells?

I work at BB, and I'm not sure I'd recommend it.
  5. walkandtalk

Speaker Wire

LOL. I've recently taken a position as one of those boys in blue (long story, temp work) because I though it'd be fun. Now, I spend way too much time trying to reassure buyers that the $10 basic HDMI will work just fine, and that unless they need really, really, long runs, 18 ga is just fine...
  6. walkandtalk

What's the most painful insect/arachnid sting/bite you've had?

I got tagged in the foot by a stingray once, it felt like I'd be jabbed with a screwdriver connected to 120V. After the initial sting, there was a reaction as the venom set in, pain growing more and more intense over a period of several hours. All the ER could offer was painkillers and advice...
  7. walkandtalk

Vintage Audio Programmable Timers...

I use mine as clocks, separate from my actual systems. They are great timers though, allowing me to set times for all sorts of devices from chargers to lamps. I can't resist picking them up when I find them, as they combine my love of audio with my love of chronometry.
  8. walkandtalk

What to buy at Radio Shack

I've recently been given a glimpse into BB's inner workings... they're beyond mismanaged. Inventory control is a joke, the store might get a handful of whatever TV is advertised with the expectation that most buyers are going to want it delivered anyway instead of taking it home. I watched...
  9. walkandtalk

Yamaha RX-V677 & Klipsch Quintet 5.0 for $599 on Newegg

It's a pretty decent deal, on two very well-known and popular brands. Nothing wrong with that at all.
  10. walkandtalk

Chaotic songs/albums, what splits your wig?

A lot of early Stereolab stuff is truly dischordant noise that turns into something amazing.
  11. walkandtalk

What are these big speakers on wheels?

Somebody will be very happy to pick those up. Bozak drivers are always desirable.
  12. walkandtalk

I have finally found my very own Bozaks.

Awesome set. Never let them go!
  13. walkandtalk

Best album covers to hang as artwork?

...or, the original test record that Stereolab "borrowed" the design from.
  14. walkandtalk

Older CD players?

My tank: What can I say, but I got lucky at the thrift one day. Solid, heavy, awesome. For the others talking about vintage Yamaha CDX players, I can attest that even the changers from the era are extremely durable. My 765 is one of the few pieces I've bought brand new, and it still...
  15. walkandtalk

Budget Subwoofer for music

Right now Best Buy is having their typical sales... Polk 10" powered sub $99 Klipsch 10" powered sub $249
  16. walkandtalk

Your most played source

Moved recently, man is my sig out of date.
  17. walkandtalk

WTH is a Water Speaker?

We used to sell those at the Aquarium I worked at. Terrible sound, but people love the dancing water and flashing LEDs. They have little jets that squirt water up, into the clear area above. They plug into a headphone jack, and can be powered by USB. About $40 new. Garbage.
  18. walkandtalk

Post your photography!!

Out at Boone Hall Plantation the other day; grey, overcast, and rainy.
  19. walkandtalk

Couple of abandoned speakers...decided to rescue them from never being heard agian

The Hitachi drivers may be candidates for building a full-range horn enclosure...
  20. walkandtalk

How do you find new music?

YouTube. Also, a website called Consequence of Sound. I "liked" them, so their articles and recommendations show up in my FB feed. Great site for new music reviews.
  21. walkandtalk

Hello from Charleston, SC!

Welcome! I'm in Charleston, too.
  22. walkandtalk

dorm theater help!

I'm just going to say having a SW in a dorm room really isn't the best idea. Your neighbors might not appreciate it.
  23. walkandtalk

No info is bad review ?

I think most Soundcraftsmen gear is pretty well regarded. Good luck finding more details!
  24. walkandtalk

What to keep?

Definitely the Yamaha.
Back
Top Bottom