Search results

1. Iowa Tele

Heresy if or Cornwall iii for my room?

Hi all, A little background- some years back I had a pair of modified Heresy I speakers and have missed that sound since I sold them to try something different. I have about $2k US to spend on a new set of speakers and have found a pair of Cornwall III and a pair of Heresy IV in my price range...
  2. Iowa Tele

Acoustic Zen Adagio -info requested

Hi, I ran across a pair of these fairly close to me. All of the reviews I read were more than 10 years old. Does anyone have experience with these speakers? I’m interested in how they sound at low volume and overall perception. My room is 10.5’ x 14.5’ x 8’. Carpeted floor and no current...
  3. Iowa Tele

What do you know about the ElectroVoice Duchess IV-A

Hi all, There is a pair of ElectroVoice Duchess IV-A available near me. Anyone have experience with these. It looks like they were a 1-2 year speaker in about 1957. Looking for an idea of sound signature, efficiency, etc... Thanks
  4. Iowa Tele

Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 DELUXE or Denafrips Ares II ?

Hi all, I am in the midst of a upgrade from my starter system. I am focusing on what I perceive as bang for the buck, overachiever components. These 2 DAC's, though very different have sparked my interest. I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with both. I have heard that the MP...
  5. Iowa Tele

Instrumental guitar music

I'm a big fan of instrumental guitar based albums. My preferred genre's are Blues, funk, jazz, and fusion, but I like most anything but classical. I'll start by sharing a few of my favorites (including some obscure), what are yours? Ohm: Circus of Sound Grant Green: Idle moments Cornell...
  6. Iowa Tele

Lounge Audio LCR Mk. III or Vincent PHO-8

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my phono pre and have identified the above 2 as being in my price range and getting good reviews.Here is my current rig: Musical Paradise MP-301 with 6L6's U-Turn Orbit with Ortofon OM-5e Orbit Pluto phono pre Brennan B2 as music server/Internet radio reciever...
  7. Iowa Tele

Heresy II info needed

Hi all, I'm going to look at a pair of Heresy II's. The guy says they have Crites crossovers and Crites Titanium domes. Since i don't know the seller, is there any way to tell if these upgrades have been made without tearing the speakers apart? Thanks in advance for your assistance
  8. Iowa Tele

Pioneer SX-790 vs. Sansui G-5700

Hi all, Newbie here. I'm looking to put together my first home audio system since my pioneer/Bose 301 system back in the 80's. There are a couple of receivers on my local CL that I'm looking at. Both priced about $250. The Pioneer has recently been cleaned and serviced by the local Hi-Fi shop...
Back
Top Bottom