Search results

1. E

Rogers LS3 /5A not sound right- HELP

The seller insisted the speaker was in good condition when he listed on ebay. He offers a return, however, i asked if he can partially cover the repair since it was listed in good working condition. I think he prefers me returning it. Can i ask all of you? Should i return it to UK, since...
  2. E

I choose not to change the impedance on my tube amp. It stays in 8ohm. I was going to change it to 16ohm but i dont think that s going to eliminate distortion. I also heard bad things when the amp ohm selection is higher than the speaker ohm.
  3. E

Confirmed, it does not move. It is pushable upward from inside cone and there is no scratching noise. It seems we re almost close identifying that the culprit is the voice coil. It is either misaligned like you said or damaged.
  4. E

Please see picture on pg 1, thanks
  5. E

Hi Sasi When gently push the cone inward , it doesnt move. The cone is moveable if push gently from below./inside. What is your speculation based on this? The person voice singing can be heard as breaking, is this distortion? Also when you said mangled , does it also means burnt voice coil...
  6. E

It does not kick. So what does it mean? Sound wise when i turn up the volume to listening level, the music is distorted .
  7. E

Wait a minute. My amp is mcintosh mc30. Could it be i need to reallocate the ohm speaker selection from currently 8 to 16?
  8. E

Thank you for pointing about the similar issue, i will read it. Crossover is 11ohm but the back label stated 15ohm. Very confusing. Paul is the owner of that link you sent me
  9. E

Thab I bought the xlr connector from Paul. It comes with red and blue color. I connect the red with red and black with blue. Since i have western electric 16ga speaker wire. I thought maybe it is not strong enough to send the juice via banana plug, since this is now becoming 2 extensions...
  10. E

After further listening, at small volume the music is ok but when i turn up the volume, distortion never stops. Seller said it is working fine. I am thinking could it be the fault lies between the xlr connection with my wire? I uses 16ga .
  11. E

Hi The speaker produce musical sounds but there is an interference/stop/distortion/crackling every seconds when the song being played . I can not listen to the song at all and it sounded very thin as well One thing i did not mention was the speaker has xlr pin on the back. I was wondering of...
  12. E

Hi All I just got a speaker and running it with my mono mcintosh mc30. My system is mono NOT stereo. So i run the speaker wire directly from amp to speaker as i dont have preamp. Currently i have my dynaco a25 hookup with the amp with gain level at 9 p clock on the amp. I have been adjusting...
  13. E

Rogers LS3 5/A XLR Pin

Thank you
  14. E

Rogers LS3 5/A XLR Pin

Hi All I am in the States and was wondering how to connect the speaker since they have the XLR pin on the back. What do i need to buy? Currently i connect my mono amp to speaker with bare/loose wire to the amp and banana plug from the speaker. Thank you.
  15. E

MC275 Mk II Help!

Examples of drastic please
  16. E

Painted mc30's

Not bob. I swear I have seen a post somewhere about this red painted amp
  17. E

Need help sourcing plexiglass & questions about adding LEDs to a Dynaco tube window

Google google this sunfire classic tube preamp.
  18. E

Bluetooth users! Anyone here have an Audioengine B1?

I am running chromecast audio and finding it not having an open sound and detail. Is audioengine b1 like this? I have carver amp and preamp with b&w speakers and tube cd player so my ears are accustomed to clarity and detail. My source of.music is YouTube.
  19. E

Nakamichi RX 505 problem

now sometimes the stop button won't work and it eats up tape
Back
Top Bottom