Search results

1. Broton

Yamaha P-(X)50 Turntable DIY Maintenance Thread P-350, P-450, P-550, P-750, P-751, P-10, P-20

Well... I did my best. As instructed... and sadly to no effect. It looks like the plastic feet and the motor housing is in there solid. No play whatsoever. Backed out the screws and tightened again. Still rubbing. Also... there now seems to be a bit of "steppyness" to the motor when...
  2. Broton

Yamaha P-(X)50 Turntable DIY Maintenance Thread P-350, P-450, P-550, P-750, P-751, P-10, P-20

WOW. Simply amazing. Thank you so much for that effort. I look forward to try this... need some time and space. But looking forward to seeing if this does the trick. Thanks again! And I never heard of organdonorparts great site.
  3. Broton

You run the AT cart on your P550? Or the other one? Would it work on the P? As for the dust cover, I have no such problems with the hinges... don't have hinges, don't have a dust cover! :) I drape a soft plastic cover over it when not in use. I have been looking for a cover but no such...
  4. Broton

Here it is. There is a bit of discoloration (black areas)... the old owner said he used some spray graphite to lubricate. Which stains. It looks like some of the top paint is rubbed away. Added a close up of the groove. Looks worse than it used to be... last I looked. It is an...
  5. Platter rubs

Platter rubs

6. Broton

I love this thread. My P550's platter seems to be intermittently "rubbing/scraping"... I can't seem to see or find the source. Any ideas?
  7. Broton

Yamaha P-550

I have a P-550 as well. And am looking to replace the stylus and cartridge... wondering what I can get for my TT. One of the channels seems to cut out now and then.... and I believe the problem is at the head. I am a novice... so be gentle.
Back
Top Bottom