Search results

1. Efa Efa

Tech Wanted, Orange County, CA

I have plugged Fred's place many times here on AudioKarma (he is also a member too). He completely refurbished my Sansui 9090DB. I recommend him and his associate highly!!!!!
  2. Efa Efa

What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Enough said, I have been enjoying cigars since I was about 23 years old. Not hard core, I enjoy the leaf average one to two times a week. Unsually on the weekend when I am listening to my music, I also enjoy my pipes:)
  3. Efa Efa

Led Zeppelin 1

Almost the same thing on Led Zeppelin II between Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid!!!!
  4. Efa Efa

Selling prices of Vintage when NEW.

Sansui 9090DB first was listed at $999.99 and it was about two or three years later that a local stereo store chain (Leo's Stereo - SoCal Los Angeles Chain) listed it at $495.00 when I pulled the trigger and bought it. Technics SL1300 I bought new at Cal Stereo for $199.99. Design Acoustic D6...
  5. Efa Efa

Sharing a story and my system

Great story and look forward to many more journeys listening to vinyl!!! Enjoy!!!!!:) Efa
  6. Efa Efa

Clearaudio Concept or Marantz TT-15S1

Thanks for all your opinions. I have decided to go with the Clearaudio Concept! Sincerely, Efa
  7. Efa Efa

Clearaudio Concept or Marantz TT-15S1

I am about to pull the trigger on a new TT purchase and I have narrowed it down to these two TTs - Clearaudio Concept vs Marantz TT-15S1). I know that the Marantz is made by Clearaudio, but I still would like your opinions as to which would be better. And I am not talking $ wise, but quality...
  8. Efa Efa

Sansui Restoration in Southern California?

Fred from Classic Audio Repair (San Diego) did a great job on my 9090DB. Not only did he completely refurbish my receiver, but he also did a re-lamp on all my lights. http://www.repairaudio.com/ Fred and his partner are member of AudioKarma also
  9. Efa Efa

finally playing it LOUD!

@Sandy G, did you see that episode of Lock and Load when R Lee Emery shot the S&W 500 mag at the forensic lab of the Orange County Sheriff's department. It blew him back on his butt...hahahaha. I am a avid shooting person myself!!
  10. Efa Efa

What happened to Quad?

@Arkay, I assumed exactly the same thing!!!!
  11. Efa Efa

have you ever received free records (in the mail)

@Beatcomber, Love it Love it Love it!!! Brings back some big memories!!! Thank you Sir!!!!
  12. Efa Efa

have you ever received free records (in the mail)

I remember when I was a kid growing up in the mid to early sixties, there would be a record that was part of the back of some cereal boxes (I think) or it would be an insert in a magazine like MAD! http://www.collectmad.com/collectibles/picrec.htm
  13. Efa Efa

What Headphones are you using?

Recently purchased Grado RS1i:music:
  14. Efa Efa

How much was vinyl in 1969?

:deal:My first LP was Cat Steven's "Teaser and the Fire Cat". I bought it at Fedco in Pasadena CA back in 1971 cost $2.99 +tax!!!!!
  15. Efa Efa

What is your favorite drink to have while audio relaxing?

Ice cold brew and usually Vodka or Jameson neat, about three fingers worth per serving:beer:
  16. Efa Efa

best wood oil

Mom used it, I used it on the solid wood panels in the family room growing up and when I was in the process of refurbishing my 9090DB...........................................................................LIQUID GOLD!!!!!! Can't Beat it and it's been around a long time...
  17. Efa Efa

A Home For Your Tivoli

I like it, but I could spend my $3k on a new tube amp or TT. I just bought a new Tivoli Model One for the bathroom (Toilet Tunes) and I love the sound and the build quality of the unit. Reminds me of radios of yesterday which was the whole intent of the founder. I bet this piece of audio...
  18. Efa Efa

Pics of your listening space

My new setup (a work in progress), just moved to my new/old location about 2.5 months ago. Still need to do cable clean up (hide) and awaiting my new RCM (Nitty Gritty) and still researching new TT (Reference Marantz or Pro-Ject 2 Xperience Classic):blah::
  19. Efa Efa

Let's see your cans!

Part of my main system upgrade - My Grado RS1i http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=415892&d=1362869147
  20. Efa Efa

My restored Scott 299c and 350 tuner

One word "BEAUTIFUL"!!!!!!!!!
  21. Efa Efa

The NEW 'Post a picture of yourself' Thread

Ok, this one is for Sandy G! Hi Sandy!!!!!!
  22. Efa Efa

The NEW 'Post a picture of yourself' Thread

see attached pic:
  23. Efa Efa

How did you get involved in vintage audio?

I bought into it at age 13 (1970) to be exact. I guess my last purchase back then was in 1976 and eventually it was classified as vintage:dunno:
  24. Efa Efa

My humble setup..

A few words: SWEET, GREAT FINDS, BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I really love that Luxman TT. Enjoy!!!!!
  25. Efa Efa

The Basic Turntable Setup Video - a new version

Been listening to vinyl since I was 13. I am 55 now and for the first time in my life I was able to properly set up my Technics TT. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH. I now have enough courage to set up the new TT I will be purchasing in a couple months!!!:beerchug:
Back
Top Bottom